Does anyone like UFC fights anymore?

SoSoSmart

Let Freedom Ring
Banned
Reaction score
All I see posts about are how much this fighter should get, or how much this fighter is worth. When did Sherdog become a bunch of financial analysts? We no longer have a champion who is the King of the Hill. We have champs that are now "businessmen" and want to do whats right for his career or pockets. No integrity of the sport at all. Hell we even have non champs(see Tony Ferguson) who wants to dictate terms as if without the platform he's on he'd be fighting whoever matches up with him rank wise. Dont know how much more of this shit I can stomach.

For those who cant read...
giphy.gif

Agreed! I see more jr accountants here rating fighters on the their drawing power over their abilities to fight in the cage, it's like Sherdog as become Forbesdog.

All I see posts about are how much this fighter should get, or how much this fighter is worth. When did Sherdog become a bunch of financial analysts? We no longer have a champion who is the King of the Hill. We have champs that are now "businessmen" and want to do whats right for his career or pockets. No integrity of the sport at all. Hell we even have non champs(see Tony Ferguson) who wants to dictate terms as if without the platform he's on he'd be fighting whoever matches up with him rank wise. Dont know how much more of this shit I can stomach.

For those who cant read...
giphy.gif

all that writing makes me wish I could read, but too many big words for Alan :(

All that PPV % and so on is pretty boring.
It is nice to know that some are getting paid well.
In general...

<{JustBleed}>

This is the kind of people that are taking cocks in the ass for money and they tell you how much they earn that way.

Good for you but I'm not a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

I find it interesting when the fighters test the boundaries of the business, but agree that the endless discussion of how much these guys should be paid is tedious and stupid. I don't get mad at fighters for pushing for more, but I don't want it to be the only deciding factor in matchmaking either.

True story: the UFC has always been pretty meh

Yeah, the good ol times are gone.

Where's this guy when you need him?

lol.gif

This is the kind of people that are taking cocks in the ass for money and they tell you how much they earn that way.

Good for you but I'm not a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Fuck the ppv sales. Fuck the purses. Fuck the talk. Fuck the duckery. Fuck the fuckery. Fuck the casual fucks. Fuck DFW. Fuck that fuckin fraud. Fuck the cheaters. And fuck the fuckin Diaz brothers.

Fuck all those fucking clowns.

We all try and understand why certain fights take place.

When you connect the dots to money, it all makes sense.

The only reason that people go on about how much fighters make is because they can only regurgitate what they hear from their "favourite" fighter i.e. the only fighter they know of i.e Connor McGregor.

They're less interested in legitimacy than they are in popularity contests
More interested in Twitter battles than actual mma battles

Just more guys exploiting the fact there is no engagement rules so the fights can be very blah , 2 guys can look at each other for 5 mins & 1 guy lands 1 jab he wins the round , exciting stuff keep buying those PPV ' s :p

Comes with the territory as the UFC has become more "mainstream." When a few fighters start making real money, other get jealous. In general, MMA fighters are over-emotional to begin with, coupled with sensitive egos = non stop bitch-fests. We love the fights, but in between each event we get all this TMZ drama shoved down our throats by the hipster-cheeto-finger "media."

yes very high level of competition and lots of new comers and title changes. not to long ago a womens division and talk of a 265 plus division.

Back