Who Would Win UFC 1 Today?

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Imagine the UFC decides to create UFC 1 style tournament with all the UFC rules this year. Would be the winner? Who would be in the top 4?
Remember, no weight classes and only one, infinitely long round.

My pick for winner: Even more roided out Jon Jones. I'm pretty sure there was no UFC 1 drug testing.

Ronda. She is a once in an eternity human athlete.

Either Ronda or the Great Firefighter.

Probably the latter. ;)

At such level, a one night tournament without rounds will be won thanks to the randomness of brackets. If Jones gets early into a stoppage-only fight as brutal as against Gus, he'd get easily finished by Bisping next if Michael had an easier first fight. How many time have we seen top fighters reach the finale of the K1 WGP and the fight is actually decided by who is less injured?

At such level, a one night tournament without rounds will be won thanks to the randomness of brackets. If Jones gets early into a stoppage-only fight as brutal as against Gus, he'd get easily finished by Bisping next if Michael had an easier first fight. How many time have we seen top fighters reach the finale of the K1 WGP and the fight is actually decided by who is less injured?
WAR King Ping!

I keep hearing that Mighty Mouse is the best fighter in the world, so presumably him.

what makes you think he'd make it past Gus in a stoppage - only fight?

Nothing, it was just an exemple of how even the favorite would lose at the second round of the tournament if the first fight is too brutal. I could have used JDS vs Stipe, or any fight that reached the time limit with both fighters bloody and worn-out. Royce freaking quit at UFC 3 after winning a less than five minutes long fight against Kimo.

This fuckin guy
miocic.jpg

This fuckin guy at my local auto shop.he wears tapout a lot and has a neck tat, so I'd bet,on him.

Cormier. Built like a 250lb fire hydrant with power, wrestling and a great chin.

Back