Mousasi vs Whittaker

Asahi

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
...should be next!

Both fighters took zero damage in their last fights and should be ready to go.

A perfect fight to make as the winner lines himself up for a titleshot.

Yeah huge whittaker fan and thats an excellent matchup. I think mousasis subs are nullified as whittaker is fucken hard to get down and keep down. So i see mousasi trying to establish his jab and win that way and whittaker to just get his hands on him. Id favour mousasi at this point.

...should be next!

Man terrible fight to make... Fan of Both. And I see Moose getting Ko'd sadly. <mma1>

Mousasi - 280
Whitaker +230

Whitaker will notice the step up in comp very early.My personal opinion, dont think Whitaker would be successful against that top 5 in mw(and i dont include bisping when i say top 5, lol)....too much.I think hed get beat fairly easy by someone like moose then go back down to 170 and maybe go on a big run.He has to be smaller than these monsters too and moose probably the smallest of the 5.

Ironically , hed probably fight " the current champ" to a competitive decision.

Whittaker is very over rated. He nearly got finished by Derek brunson for goodness sake. I hope his hype train gets derailed soon. There is no way he beats anyone in the top 10 fair and square

Whitaker took damage against Brunson. Mousasi is way too good for him. Whitaker has potential but he isn't ready for the top-tier. Rather give him the winner of Nate/Alvey or Theo/Mutante or someone on their level.

Last edited:
Man terrible fight to make... Fan of Both. And I see Moose getting Ko'd sadly. <mma1>
Lol...knee slap...lol...snot bubbles...lol
Thank u.
Very healthy to laugh this hard to begin day.
...again, thabk u.

...should be next!

I'm pretty sure winner of Boetsch/Jacare gets the next title shot. Yoel will welcome Thatch to 185, Rockhold will fight Camozzi, and Weidman will fight loser of Anderson/Brunson.

Whitaker took damage against Brunson, nearly got KO'd. Mousasi is way too good for him. Whitaker has potential but he isn't ready for the top-tier. Rather give him the winner of Nate/Alvey or Theo/Mutante or someone on their level.
Dude. Tim Boetsch who´s 2-3 in last 5 is fighting Jacare. Whittaker with 6 strait needs top 10 and Mousasi is ranked just above him so its makes much sense.

Probably the fight they will make, even though moose deserves someone top 5..

Tough fight for whittaker. My fave fighter at 185 but the experience would get mousasi over the line.

Whittaker is still young and will take over when all the old shits retire

Brunson didn't hurt Whittaker at all fact it's hard to look good against someone that's charging at you like that. He's also not as small as you would think.

Mousasi - 280
Whitaker +230

Whitaker will notice the step up in comp very early.My personal opinion, dont think Whitaker would be successful against that top 5 in mw(and i dont include bisping when i say top 5, lol)....too much.I think hed get beat fairly easy by someone like moose then go back down to 170 and maybe go on a big run.He has to be smaller than these monsters too and moose probably the smallest of the 5.

Ironically , hed probably fight " the current champ" to a competitive decision.
I can appreciate anyone who gives betting odds to explain how they feel about the fight. Excellent tool for communication.

Probably the fight they will make, even though moose deserves someone top 5..
I agree with what you say about Mousasi. Was Mousasi contacted about fighting Jacare at 208? They are both pretty active on social media, but I didn't hear anything about it? I realize Jacare beat him in 2014, but they could have a 3rd match, plus it is a better matchup than with the Barbarian.

Honestly I think its a fight that favours Mousasi as Whittaker will likely look to exchange pretty aggressively standing but not really threaten the takedown much, perfect for Mousasi to show superior boxing/kickboxing and pick him apart similar to the way Thompson did(although Whittaker has improved a bit since then IMHO).

Whitaker isn't ready yet. Can't see him beating Mousasi or any of the top guys at MW.

Dude. Tim Boetsch who´s 2-3 in last 5 is fighting Jacare. Whittaker with 6 strait needs top 10 and Mousasi is ranked just above him so its makes much sense.
Those results don't make him ready, but the performances in them. He can win 8 straight and look so-so, sometimes barely surviving from being finished. That doesn't make him ready. It's like with Bader "deserving" title shots and when he fights a top guy he gets wasted in the 1st.

Whitaker is 26 and clearly not ready for Mousasi or any of the top contenders. He'll just get killed and that halts his progression. Got to build them up and give them a top guy when they show they can beat them.

Back