Is Doo Ho Choi exposed?

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Now I know he's still young but he was doing great until Cub decided to push the pace and had him go backward and the fight changed completely.

kid has potential but the Cub fight was too soon for him, a fight like that can ruin a prospect. we will see what happens

but tales of him bien ghte next Conor is clearly exaggerated

Cub just proved to be a bad style matchup. DHC has all the potential of n the world

no, and fans are too quick to judge everytime. this very event we had two fighters who were 'just hype' and got 'exposed' after losing, just to go there and beat top ranked fighters...

In a way yes, we found out he doesn't fight well at all moving backwards.

He can still improve though, he's young. Look how much better Rory MacDonald got after the Condit fight way back.

He's young asf and got a lot of potential we can discuss this after three or two more fights

TS I spotted a few things in his game that I now have question marks over.

- His ability to counter. He seems very good at walking you down and throwing straights, but when you throw a flurry at him, most of the time he just needs to throw back and he has a great chance of clipping you. He didn't counter much, if at all.

- His ability to move his head. He literally backs up in a straight line, without his hands up and with his chin up in the air. You'll have heard Rogan say this for years, that is the worst strategy possible when it comes to striking.

- Ground game. He swept the legs of Cub many times, but did pretty much nothing on the ground, didn't look very comfortable or talented there - expect some guys to put him on his back and try and work from there.

I hope he tries to address these gaps in his game, because the kid is fucking talented.

exposed his lack of defense. Choi's looked superb offensively and has some counters, but he doesn't have the footwork to avoid power shots when pressed, but turns to brawling. He's 25, can fix this, but usually at 25 good strikers already have this.

He is a talented fighter but will never be champion IMO

exposed as a club fighter, time to move on.

Yes, to more eyes. Now he will be lot more famous.

People forget how good Cubs striking accuracy and conditioning is.

Cub still had every bit of his punching power in the last 10 seconds of the fight.

I picked DHC going into this fight, hoping to see another good finish from him, but looking back, they probably should have built him up a bit slower. His striking defense needs alot of work. He must be the alpha striker of his camp, it looked pretty obvious last night.

What a damn good night of fights though. Not often we get a potential fight of the year and ko of the year on the same card.

I was a bit concerned that Tavares to Swanson would be to big a step up at this point. It is clear he has some holes in his game. I hope they manage him well now because in MMA years he is young and has the x factor to become a big star. Give him an easier fight next to get his confidence back and work on his game and perhaps this time next year he will be ready for another big test.

TS I spotted a few things in his game that I now have question marks over.

- His ability to counter. He seems very good at walking you down and throwing straights, but when you throw a flurry at him, most of the time he just needs to throw back and he has a great chance of clipping you. He didn't counter much, if at all.

- His ability to move his head. He literally backs up in a straight line, without his hands up and with his chin up in the air. You'll have heard Rogan say this for years, that is the worst strategy possible when it comes to striking.

- Ground game. He swept the legs of Cub many times, but did pretty much nothing on the ground, didn't look very comfortable or talented there - expect some guys to put him on his back and try and work from there.

I hope he tries to address these gaps in his game, because the kid is fucking talented.
Sound assessment of his weaknesses.

I reckon he can overcome these things after that wake up call last night. Perhaps we will look back on this fight as a key fight in his career.

Back