Pettis: saddest decline of all time?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
He wins the championship, defends, and then loses to rda, alvarez, and Barbosa.

he then moves down to FW. Did he move down because he thought the comp would be easier or smaller, or because he just wanted a fresh start?

who knows. we know from history that when two weight classes are adjacent, there isnt much difference between them. did pettis overlook the FW division?

from the showtime kick, to this. whats next for pettis?

Anderson had a pretty great decline.
Tough to top that one.

homie went from Showtime to Nickelodeon
charlie-murphy.gif

Chuck went from being invincible to being outstruck by Keith Jardine... in two fights.

That will always be the saddest decline for me haha

Anderson had a pretty great decline.
Tough to top that one.

But he was older and was king for a good run.

Pettis had higher expectations from himself and fans.

As for changing weight classes, a lot of guys become completely different fighters at different weight classes.

But he was older and was king for a good run.

Pettis had higher expectations from himself and fans.

As for changing weight classes, a lot of guys become completely different fighters at different weight classes.
True, but breaking a leg and snorting penis pills is a low

New drug testing
Pettis has skill but without the extra boost, he's no longer a top fighter.

Wow I didn't realize how many epic declines there are, and Liddell was pre-USADA so there's no other excuse than Father Time or loss of chin after Rashad. I still think saddest decline is pettis, 4 fight losing streak after being champion on a wheaties box!

Pettis still has chin, cardio and skills.

Game planning or a different approach might help. Mixing up more ground game and BJJ. He is still quite one dimensional in his efforts. Guy can work on the ground. His losses are legit against people who figure that you can pressure fold him. He still has balls though. Not done. A bad run but if he doesn't change things up a bit...

His body has to work so hard to regenerate his hair that there's nothing left for training and recovery.

Perhaps he gets cut. I think he was on thin ice before moving down to not make weight.

At least Pettis put a fight.

Hendricks decline was worse. He became a bag.

Back