Kelvin Gastelum may be interested in Vitor Belfort fight

Belfort should really retire... I think Kelvin kills him at this point.

Belfort just looks weak and slow without TRT

He looked much better in there tonight than I anticipated. I think he should give 185 a shot.

Until he get's to Mousasi, Jacare, Romero <6> then go back down to 170 if he can.

Kelvin really seems committed to make the necessary changes in his life to fight at WW.

But I could definitely see the UFC no being ready to let him return to WW just like that. So looking for interesting MW fights is a good thing.

Vitor makes sense. Of course peope are going to argue that he is looking for an old guy ignoring the fact that most top MWs are past 35.

It's a fun fight. If Kelvin gets the fight and shows up in excellent shape he might be able to convince the UFC of his commitment.

Be carefu what you wish for Kelvin...

Belfort still has that speed and explosivness for a HL reel 1st round KO...

Would watch.

No cut Kelvin is rad.

Vitor via ko

He looked much better in there tonight than I anticipated. I think he should give 185 a shot.

Until he get's to Mousasi, Jacare, Romero <6> then go back down to 170 if he can.
Thats why he does not want to stsy at 185.In his mind, at least, theres a ceiling for him(the names u mentioned plus luke and chris)

Dana doesn't trust or want Gastelum at 170. If I'm a top ranked WW, I would not be interested in Gastelum. There is a very high probability he doesn't make weight and the fight is cancelled or get a new opponent on short notice. Both are bad outcomes. And if Gastelum makes weight he is a much tougher opponent than his current ranking suggests. No up side for the higher ranked WW. Gastelum should embrace 185 for awhile and see how that goes.

Who wants to even see vitor fight anymore? Dudes way passed his prime. Hes been getting handled way too easily as of late.

Why dont they just let vitor fight some top 20 guys and finish out his career.

All these top 10 guys want to beat on old man vitor to add a known name to their wins.

Vitor needs lower ranked competition as his career comes to a close.

Vitor vs machida, hall, Evans or silva interest me. Otherwise shogun at lhw.

If vitor is determined to stay with current contenders then i think a gastelum would be bad news for him and Whittaker might be a better stylistic match up.

He needs to say fuck it and bulk up to 185.. they're bigger but he can get just as big.

Kelvin really seems committed to make the necessary changes in his life to fight at WW.

But I could definitely see the UFC no being ready to let him return to WW just like that. So looking for interesting MW fights is a good thing.

Vitor makes sense. Of course peope are going to argue that he is looking for an old guy ignoring the fact that most top MWs are past 35.

It's a fun fight. If Kelvin gets the fight and shows up in excellent shape he might be able to convince the UFC of his commitment.

He said all the same shit last time before doing it again. Kelvin's lucky he still has a job, if he wants to fight at WW so bad he can (fail) to do it in Bellator.

He should fight someone who actually won fights in the last few years. He wants Vitor because he's a big name but a reltively easy fight. I also laugh when he says he wants to go back to 170 as if it's his choice at this point.

He will never be reliably making 170. At some point he will miss again and then he will get cut he doesn#t deserve it and shouldn't do it for his own sake. Imagine if he fights for the belt and misses weight and even wors eif he wins the title fight but misses weight. he has the potential to fck up so much he should never again fight at 170.

So he might as well fight real top MWs. Whitaker would be a good next fight

No way in the world should they let him return to welterweight.

He missed weight THREE TIMES and the last one booted Cerrone off the most marquee card in the history of the sport - something he can never make up for.

The truth is he's too big for welterweight but small for middleweight. It's a bummer we have a massive 15lbs jump between these two divisions, really its ridiculous.

Back