Best of luck to Anthony Pettis

blacknblue104

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hats off to Max Holloway, but I will always be a Pettis fan... I remember watching the Showtime Kick live on TV when I was in high school, still one of the most epic moments I've ever seen in combat sports.

On top of having one of the most entertaining skillsets in MMA, he's also a consummate martial artist and an all around good dude. He spends his spare time helping kids learn martial arts, helps take care of his mother, rarely badmouths his opponents... guy is truly an asset to his community.

Sucks to see him go through this recent rough patch with the losses and all the bullshit he's going through with people torching his cars. He's still only 29 though, I think he can still turn things around- unfortunately though I think he's peaked as a student under Duke Rufus, a change of scenery would probably help.

Either way he has had a great career- WEC World Champion, UFC World Champion and the first MMA fighter to be on a box of Wheaties. Showtime will always be a personal favorite fighter of mine, hoping 2017 will be a better year for him.

Max is my favorite fighter but it's always said to see a WEC gureat go this path

Pettis hasn't adapted over the years. He needs to seriously work on his boxing it's not good. He could set up kicks again Lauzon, Castillo, Benson, Cowboy back then before the could box etc. But against superior boxers he can't set his kicks up and his whole game falls apart

It's clear his time with Duke should be over. The injuries took his athleticism away and explosiveness but technically he hasn't improved over the years
His fundamentals badly need work if he wants to be a top fighter again

Max is my favorite fighter but it's always said to see a WEC gureat go this path

Pettis hasn't adapted over the years. He needs to seriously work on his boxing it's not good. He could set up kicks again Lauzon, Castillo, Benson, Cowboy back then before the could box etc. But against superior boxers he can't set his kicks up and his whole game falls apart

It's clear his time with Duke should be over. The injuries took his athleticism away and explosiveness but technically he hasn't improved over the years
His fundamentals badly need work if he wants to be a top fighter again

Yeah I am a Showtime fan, but clearly he hasn't evolved at all for all those years..
He is still young, he needs to go to another gym ( Tri Star ? ) to reinvent himsef

Nice to see a real fan of the fighter , too much bashing going on on these forums nowadays

Although he won't be nothing more than a solid gatekeeper from now on, Pettis has had a really successful career, he has nothing to regret and a lot to be proud of.

Remember randomly watching WEC 53 while i was not a MMA fan and saw that awesome main event. Pettis had a great career. I hope he stays at 145. I think he looked soft vs Holloway. He can definately lean up to go to 145

Long time Pettis fan. Always have been, always will be. Let's not forget he fought the whole fight with a broken hand. Best wishes Anthony, looking forward to seeing more of you on the other side of things in 2017

Back