Harder fall from grace: Benson Henderson or Anthony Pettis?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
Both guys former WEC/UFC LW champs who fell hard after their reign.

- Pettis lost lopsided decisions to RDA, Barboza, a snoozefest with Alvarez and now a TKO to Holloway with 1 sub win over Oliveira in between.

- Bendo got sent to the B leagues after being KO'd by RDA, losing to Cerrone and barely eeking out wins over Thatch and Masvidal before getting absolutely wrecked for 5 rds by Chandler and Koreshkov with his only win in Bellator being a controversial injury TKO over Pitbull in a fight he was losing.

I honestly dont know. Both guys look like shit now compared to when they were on top. I wanna say Bendo is worse because he is getting absolutely stomped for 5 rds in his losses whereas Pettis is managing to stay at least somewhat competitive

Dunno but they're both very surprising cases to me. I can understand chins fading or age catching up with fighters, but it's always unexpected to me when a fighter who appears to have elite level skill just starts losing fights.

It could be any number of reasons or a combination thereof, but it's interesting to witness.

Bendo didn't eek out a victory against thatch.
He was up on the scorecards before the finish iirc.

The Chandler fight was highly competitive after the first round. He even was close to finishing chandler in the last round.

Pettis just looked uninterested and flat from the start. But he's looked steadily worse over the last two or so years with each progressive fight. Maybe just one of those guys that had in his head the holy grail that was the UFC LW title, and once he'd climbed his everest he had done everything he set out to do. The fire goes out and they just seem to lose it.

- Pettis lost lopsided decisions to RDA, Barboza, a snoozefest with Alvarez and now a TKO to Holloway with 1 sub win over Oliveira in between.

- Bendo got sent to the B leagues after being KO'd by RDA, losing to Cerrone and barely eeking out wins over Thatch and Masvidal before getting absolutely wrecked for 5 rds by Chandler and Koreshkov with his only win in Bellator being a controversial injury TKO over Pitbull in a fight he was losing.

I honestly dont know. Both guys look like shit now compared to when they were on top. I wanna say Bendo is worse because he is getting absolutely stomped for 5 rds in his losses whereas Pettis is managing to stay at least somewhat competitive
It's definitely Bendo since Pettis still hasn't lost outside the UFC and all of his losses have been in the top ten of weight divisions. Plus Pettis beat Bendo.

Definately Anthony Pettis. People seem to forget that he had a win vs Masvidal just before he left the UFC, and he got robbed vs Cerrone. His fight vs Chandler was also competitive.

Pettis has looked like a shell of former self. He was also much more ripped before. In the Holloway fight he looked soft and flabby. USADA did him.

lightweight has always been highly competitive

until conor decided to run the game

lightweight or welterweight is probably the toughest weight classes to be champ

because the majority of the population would fit into these weight classes

easy to win in manlet division because most people aren't peewee sized

easy to win in hw division because there's like 10 competitors and all the good athletes go to a level sports

lw and ww you get your average joe athletes who are too small/unathletic for real sports

I wonder ..WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THEM??? Both have crashed and burned hard. imo it seems Both have lost the fire And really can't do much of anything else. So....they are just collecting paychecks while they figure out what next to do. Cowboy on the other had has moved in a Better direction.. By moving up in weight. Stopping the Dreaded ,Draining weight cut HE has come back to life. Prediction... outside activities Will End Cowboys Career.

Also it just seems people have figured pettis out...once you pressure and get inside the kick range he doesnt seem to have an answer..

Fitch, koscheck and hendricks all fell pretty quick too

USADA knocked both of these guys into irrelevance.

Bendo isn't even in the UFC anymore what has USADA to do with it? USADA seems to be the generic answer from anyone who has no clue what he's talking about

Bendo has done better than Pettis recently

Fitch, koscheck and hendricks all fell pretty quick too

agree with hendricks, not so much fitch and koscheck. they fell hard sure but they were competing at the top for a long time

I think this again shows simply dropping to the weight class below is not a good answer

Also bisping was right that the weight cut issue showed that there were likely other problems in his camp

It's definitely Bendo since Pettis still hasn't lost outside the UFC and all of his losses have been in the top ten of weight divisions. Plus Pettis beat Bendo.

Pettis hasn't even fought outside the UFC for years. Bendo had a close fight with Pitbull and has a wi n over an enormous WW.
Pitbull and Korshkov are also high level fighters in their divisions and Koreshkov is a fucking WW how would Pettis do against him?

Back