Where do u rank 206 among the GOAT MMA cards?

?

• Total voters
Very good card but nowehere near the top.

I saw this card live at the ACC with some of my boys and it was the best card they have seen (but they are more casual watchers, but have kept up more recently at least with big name UFC stuff). But as great as the card was, it had a couple mediocre fights/fights that tailed off that prevented it from being in the best ever MMA card discussion. But it is still easily in the best UFC card discussion, if not the best.

My Top-8 is still comfortably:

PRIDE Final Conflict 2003
PRIDE Shockwave 2004
PRIDE Shockwave 2006
PRIDE Final Conflict 2005
PRIDE Final Conflict Absolute
PRIDE Bushido 7
PRIDE Bushido 9
PRIDE 33

Then you have a cluster of cards on a similar tier like WEC 48, UFC 199, UFC 206, UFC 189, some other UFC cards (like 31, 84, and 139, especially considering the UFC on FOX cards at the start, and some of those early FN cards), some other PRIDE (like Critical Countdown 2004, 2005, PRIDE 10, 25, etc.), WEC, Strikeforce cards, as well as a few under the radar ones in Japan from the best of Sengoku-WVR, DREAM, HERO'S, etc. Bellator's top cards as well, though their best cards usually consist of a FOTY candidate, couple good to great fights on the undercard, and plenty of one-sided fights or finishes (sometimes a big upset in the main card, and rarely a sleeper in the prelims).

Tachi Palace also had a great run with some of the best action on their cards for a time as well. M-1 and Russia in general had a couple great wins too. Shooto and moreso VTJ like 1997, but their best cards were most consistently great like WEC without having too many GOAT-tier peaks (and the striking from back then left a lot to be desired, though there were some crazy fights, and the rules/scoring they had was strange), don't think any regional ones like RFA, Legacy, etc. had cards on that level though, too many prospects for that to be possible. Then there are events like IFC: Global Domination, which I wouldn't put at the level of previously mentioned ito quality, but is an important one. I honestly can't be bothered to rank all the best I have seen, lol.

I will say easily Top-25 though, without looking further into it. In terms of UFC PPVs, definitely Top-5 for me, along with 199 and 189, with two of 31, 84, or 139. I think it was better overall than ones like 92, 52, 117, 160, 166, 168, any of the Lesnar ones, and some of the more hyped or favoured ones online, etc.

Last edited:
Hard to say. Was awesome but 199 is still GOAT to me.

- Two week Bisping major upset KO over Luke who beat him with ease in first fight (Bisping's first title shot)
- Dominance to end a trilogy
- A great scrap between some of the best at FW
- Old legend headkicking & elbow KOing a brick shit house after throwing down in the first round
- Poirier shutting up Green
- Prime Guida showing Ortega how it's done cruising to an easy victory only to get knee'd into Bolivian in the very last 30 seconds
- Hungry Dariush assassinating Vick
- Andrade treating Penne as a punching bag
- Caceres throwing ultimate punches at Miller
- Great technical battle between WW prospects
- Movie fight/FOTY

That's literally every fight but two. & the one of those was TKO with the other being an interesting draw.

The entire night was entertaining & awesome in some way or another.

Great Card Top to Bottom
Not enough hype
No Title
That being said the fighters came out to fight. I loved it. Top 20 for sure.

UFC still hasn't produced a single card which can top Pride Final Conflict 2005.

The card had some great fights...

But a lot had to do with people saying the card suckef and shouldn't be a PPV. Which in return made the outcome much much better. Also, many fights and cards just plain suck in more anyways...

I was entertained by the card, and knew some of the match ups would be awesome. But on paper it wasn't worth no $50, or whatever, especially if buying alone...

I mean it was 50 bucks, snd in a few weeks it will be another 50 bucks...

Back