UFC-206 is Event of The Year so far

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
Holloway and Pettis, two of the best fighters on the planet, fight to a brutal finish in the main event.

Cowboy and The Immortal, two of the most entertaining fighters on the planet, fight to a brutal finish in the co-main.

Killer Cub vs DHC - easy FOTY candidate.

Kelvin Gastellum goes from zero to hero, responding to being forced to fight 15 lbs above his preferred weight class by wrecking a Top MW contender.

And that's just the main card. That's not even including magical moments like Lando Vannata's spinning hook kick KO.

199 was better

and this isnt 2014. Pettis isnt one of the best fighters on the planet

>and thats just the main card

the main card was far better than the prelims. Half the prelim fights were mediocre. Meek/Mein after the first couple minutes turned meh as well.

199 was the best card of the year for me. 196 was really good as well. Even 205 had some insane moments. No doubt this card goes down as one of the classics though.

I attended 199 so I'm bias when I say it's the event of the year so far. But the last 9 fights on 199 were all good and only 2 out of the 13 fights were boring.

Was Rumble booed when he was shown on on the screen tonight? I guess we didn't need his fight with DC tonight. Overall, it was a very good card. I enjoyed it alot

It was a great event for sure, very fun to watch :)

sucks joanna and tate had to shit up 205. if you moved those to the prelims and moved edgar and khabib to the main it would have been the greatest of all time.

I really enjoyed all the main card fights. Easily best card this year imo.

I am sure it will be a commercial flop but for the hardcore fans that was great. If I was being picky the main event let it down slightly but we got the result the division needed.

*Fight of the year between Choi and Swanson. Would love to see a rematch in 12 months time.
*Great performance from Gastelum. You would think he could be a champion at 170 if he can get disciplined. Even at 185 he can be a contender based on that
*Great finish from Cowboy. I hope he takes a bit of time now and gets a big fight next like Lawler or Diaz rather than looking from a quick turnaround against someone like Masdival. Knowing Cowboy he will probably opt for the latter.
*What a knockout by Lando on the Prelim main event

For all the bitching on Sherdog.

It's been a great year for MMA !

199 was better

and this isnt 2014. Pettis isnt one of the best fighters on the planet

>and thats just the main card

the main card was far better than the prelims. Half the prelim fights were mediocre. Meek/Mein after the first couple minutes turned meh as well.
Arguable about 199 vs 206. Let TS share his enjoyment without shitting on his parade like a fuckin douche bag.

This was a brilliant card like I predicted but far from best. Top 5 for sure.

That wasn't even close to being a brutal finish...

i fell asleep after a wmma fight, woke up for a bit during the main event entrances and then slept through it again

Even if you don't agree that it's the best card of the year, you have to give 206 some credit. It was a great card and people were calling it the worst PPV card of the year beforehand. It easily ended up easily topping 195, 196 (great main and co-main, but shitty card otherwise), 197, 198, 200, 201, 203 and 204 and I think it was also better than 199, 202 and 205, although those were great cards as well.

Yeah it was the best card of the year for me.

Very good card but to call it 'card of the year' feels like a fickle statement when you consider just how spoiled we've been this year with great cards.

This was good but, better than 205...? I don't think so.

199 was better

199 was great too, you get that kind of thing when Max Holloway is on the card, but Faber's so far beyond his prime the co-main didn't really bring the goods and there was no finish even close to as magnificent as Lando's.

1. 206
2. 199
3. 205

Back