Max Holloway beats (w)Aldo

theincognito

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He'll outwork him, make the fight too high paced for Jose's cautious style.

i think the height and movement will give aldo fits. its going to be a split decision type win imo.

qy8GaEh.gif

People said the same thing with Edgar and he had the threat of TDs. But Holloway does have a wider variety of strikes, switching stances mid combos, and going to the body.

People said the same thing with Edgar and he had the threat of TDs. But Holloway does have a wider variety of strikes, switching stances mid combos, and going to the body.

Other than McGregor, Aldo hasn't faced a striker of Max's caliber.

Its hard to know what will happen in this fight, but Max might beat him.

When will people understand nobody is on par with the striking level of Conor Mc Gregor. His timing and accuracy is just on another planet. And that's the only reason Max Holloway lost to him.
Other than that Holloway is a fucking killer and will stop Aldo inside 5 rounds.
Aldo was scared of Conor and he's also scared of Max. He always seems to have an excuse to delay those fights. Expect Aldo to pull an injury during camp now that he has to face Max for the belt.

Reminds of when Aldo faced Edgar the second time...
What about it? Edgar ran in circles and threw pitter patter like he always does, and Aldo outpointed him like he always does. I don't think too many were expecting a different outcome.

I think Aldo wins. Max is a great striker but he doesn't have the power to put Aldo out. If he end up getting the better of Aldo in a few exchanges, he'll take him down and grapple with him, like he did with Hominick. Also, no take down threat which means Aldo will chop that leg. Aldo is defensively superb has great striking and grappling, people tend to forget how good Aldo is. Conor's boxing, length and power is the counter to Aldo, other than that, he beats everyone.

What about it? Edgar ran in circles and threw pitter patter like he always does, and Aldo outpointed him like he always does. I don't think too many were expecting a different outcome.
Go back and see the comments. Many people were saying Edgar would finish Aldo because they thought his chin was gone. Hell people were saying Aldo's career was over after the Conor KO. People didn't expect Aldo to easily stuff Edgar's TDs.

Well find out, I'm a fucking fight fan and I want to see who the man is at 145. can max overcome that old lion? will Aldo be hungry to prove something out there? he looked good out there with Edgar but this is a totally different style of fighter with different dimensions, Aldo fought that Edgar fight at his pace, which is always easier to do, will max be able to push a pace and cause Aldo to fluster and lash out/overcommit? I've been an Aldo fan for the longest and if we keep it real and remember back even way before mcgregor capitalised on this we could see the evidence that aldos instinct under pressure is to act, rather overreact in a violent rage lunge forward. any time he's tagged he over reacts and wants to tag back, any time he senses or believes he's hurt a man he over reacts and goes way to hard in one explosion. it's beautiful to see him unload but it can be so wild and with no mind to it that he's wide open to any counter and at the force he comes in its almost guaranteed he'd go down. max may have the length to catch Aldo coming in just a little to reckless in a heated moment .that length will allow max to come from placed Aldo hasn't faced since conor. Aldo must attack the lead leg or for some reason I think max will over whelm and befuddle him. these lighter weights are catching a nice influx of young , hungry fighters that are green but coming with enough heart and drive to overcome a more seasoned vet.

Exactly. A lot of people underestimated him and he dominated Edgar. Similarly, the same thing seems to be happening with Holloway.

Back