Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
wb6wip.jpg

giphy.gif

bc546bfda041d65_6d4016f051ebdb902aeeb32e8abe1afd

<{hmmm}>

Gastelum is a contender in the making, if only he'd stop dicking around with this fucking weight.

He made Kennedy look like someone whithout athletic ability who picked up MMA late in life...oh that's Kennedy.

Gastelum should've played along with that Trump-Mexico storyline Ariel tried to stir up, it would've gave him a massive boost for popularity and support among Mexicans

He actually just landed fight changing strikes. Kennedy can fight, it was a great performance not a given.

He made Kennedy look like someone whithout athletic ability who picked up MMA late in life...oh that's Kennedy.

what the fuck are you talking about? timmy went pro when he was 22 and has been training martial arts since he was a teenager

Thats a bit too harsh on Kennedy.

At least he spent last 2 years learning how to do the stanky leg chicken dance. You gotta give him credit for that

You mean the Kennedy who beat the shit out of the current MW champ?

Huge win for Kelvin, should put him right in the middle of the MW top 10.

Cerrone makes himself look like a clown with that stupid hat.

I thought it was pretty close fight until the third. I had Kennedy winning round one and Gastelum winning round 2. By round 3 Kennedy looked gassed and Gastelum put it on him. I wouldn't say it was a pathetic loss by any means.

Gastelum is a contender in the making, if only he'd stop dicking around with this fucking weight.
Contender in the making? He was a contender even before this fight. Now he's a contender at two weight classes.

He has a split decision loss to the current WW champ, and Kennedy is more than capable of being MW champ - he beat Bisping and almost beat Yoel.
Gastelum should've played along with that Trump-Mexico storyline Ariel tried to stir up, it would've gave him a massive boost for popularity and support among Mexicans
Mexicans don't follow MMA news.

Contender in the making? He was a contender even before this fight. Now he's a contender at two weight classes.

He has a split decision loss to the current WW champ, and Kennedy is more than capable of being MW champ - he beat Bisping and almost beat Yoel.

Yes but it might've went mainstream with a little social media push from UFC.

He has a split decision loss to the current WW champ, and Kennedy is more than capable of being MW champ - he beat Bisping and almost beat Yoel

I agree in terms of ability, but the failed weight cuts keep setting him back.

No one looked like a clown. Kelvin just looked wicked and fast with the hands. If Tim decides to keep fighting, he can beat any top 6-10 mw's on any given night.

Agreed!!

At this point maybe a burrito and a Corona would be for the best.

I glad he went the way he did. Would have had to hear about it every time his name came up on this forum.

Odd post for a 2004 account, considering that when you signed up for Sherdog Tim Kennedy was 24 ...

... and had already been a professional MMA fighter for more than 2 years, having trained in boxing, wrestling and ju-jitsu in his high school years.

I'd like to see Kennedy back, he has been fucking around a lot recently with different ventures, still think be beats a few guys in the top 10 if he returns to prime form.

Back