I think we've just seen Matt Brown's last fight in the UFC

PutUpYourDux

-
Banned
Reaction score
He was talking about CTE recently and how he's been looking into taking care of his brain.

After a brutal KO like that I think he'll decide to call it a day and enjoy family life.

He was talking about CTE recently and how he's been looking into taking care of his brain.

After a brutal KO like that I think he'll decide to call it a day and enjoy family life.

With what money?

He is gonna be a vegetable. After effects of just bleed lifestyle

If he does retire I respect the entertaining fights he's put on for us fans over the years.

He seems like a decent family guy, tries to stay out of the spotlight and goes about his business.

On a personal level I hope he doesn't retire or get released, he still has a lot to offer the division as a mid-tier fighter who isn't quite good enough to break top 5 or win the belt, but could beat some top 10 guys. All of his recent losses have been against mostly top 5 guys.

He was saying also that he's learning a lot from Duane Ludwig and wasn't sure he has learnt enough just yet but is getting there which to me indicated he is considering going on a bit longer.

However a head kick might change your thinking.

I'm gonna get a lotta hate for this but good riddance , can't stand the guy .

If CTE is on your mind (so to speak), you walk out and see Big Daddy in the crowd, then receive a nasty KO, you might very well wonder if it's time to find another path.

The saying goes "you only have your health." No amount of money can fully bring the brain back once too much damage has been done.

BELLATOR will take care of all you broke braindamaged fighters that can't cut it in the UFC anymore

relax

No need to be such a complete tool. These guys put their life and health on the line for our entertainment.

It's not like he was getting dominated though, he hurt Cerrone in both rounds. It was a close back and forth fight up until that knockout.

Apart from RDA that's the most trouble I've seen Cerrone in for quite a while, and Cerrone is highly ranked in two divisions.

Brown still has a lot to offer but should definitely take a break before stepping back in against a lower ranked guy.

I doubt it he's not making millions so he will fight on!

Hate to see Matt go. He has been an entertaining fighter. So entertaining in fact that he wasn't cut when he had multiple losses and a .500 record - only to go on what, a six or seven fight W streak? That was a helluva run Matt. But yeah I agree with TS, he might be wise to hang 'em up.

Yeah he was talking about getting concussed in training for the first time a while back, and how it affected him. Wish him the best.

It was sad watching him get stopped like that. He has a history of destroying guys like Cerrone, but now he got finished. He was doing great I think until the KO like some of you mentioned. He should either retire or take a long break - no question about it.

Back