Does Dana White sound like an honest guy to new UFC fans?

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I wouldn't blame a new guy if he said that Dana sounds like a straight shooter kind of guy. Someone who tells it like it is. He doesn't stumble over his words, he looks someone right in the eye and gives them a confident answer. Are there any new guys in this forum who think he is honest or recently discovered how much he lies?

It's crazy how often you catch him lying. It still shocks me how often he does it. I just watched a recent interview with Landsberg where he was asked what percentage of the revenue goes to the fighters and Dana of course answered that he doesn't know the exact number and won't give a number until he knows it 100%. He claimed that he is not a numbers guy and won't get into it. Then on the UFC unfiltered podcast he got upset with Patrick Cummins because he made some remarks about how bad the pay is in the UFC.

Dana claimed that Cummins made 300,000 for his first fight against DC alone. I was surprised that he might have the gull to throw out that number if it wasn't accurate soon after refusing to give numbers in the other interview. I quickly checked the payouts at the event (UFC 170) and the disclosed payout to Cummins was 8k. So was Cummins given a mythical back room bonus of 292,000k??

Of course no surprise Cummins says that number was BS and that he received 58k total for the fight against DC. Did Dana really have to embellish the number to make Patrick look worse? IMO he should have just said that it was 58k and made somewhat of a point. But he's probably to embarrassed that Patrick has been with them for 3 years and probably hasn't made a whole lot more than what he could have pulled in at Starbucks (once you factor in costs).

VJnQGkF.png

I wouldn't blame a new guy if he said that Dana sounds like a straight shooter kind of guy. Someone who tells it like it is. He doesn't stumble over his words, he looks someone right in the eye and gives them a confident answer. Are there any new guys in this forum who think he is honest or recently discovered how much he lies?

It's crazy how often you catch him lying. It still shocks me how often he does it. I just watched a recent interview with Landsberg where he was asked what percentage of the revenue goes to the fighters and Dana of course answered that he doesn't know the exact number and won't give a number until he knows it 100%. He claimed that he is not a numbers guy and won't get into it. Then on the UFC unfiltered podcast he got upset with Patrick Cummins because he made some remarks about how bad the pay is in the UFC.

Dana claimed that Cummins made 300,000 for his first fight against DC alone. I was surprised that he might have the gull to throw out that number if it wasn't accurate soon after refusing to give numbers in the other interview. I quickly checked the payouts at the event (UFC 170) and the disclosed payout to Cummins was 8k. So was Cummins given a mythical back room bonus of 292,000k??

Of course no surprise Cummins says that number was BS and that he received 58k total for the fight against DC. Did Dana really have to embellish the number to make Patrick look worse? IMO he should have just said that it was 58k and made somewhat of a point. But he's probably to embarrassed that Patrick has been with them for 3 years and probably hasn't made a whole lot more than what he could have pulled in at Starbucks (once you factor in costs).

That clown sounds for the beginners the same way he sounded to you and I when we met him...actually I think today he's less annoying cause he's older and tired so he talks less. He's still a full time douchebag tho.

I dunno about new fans but dana lies a lot so they should be able to catch him in a new lie pretty fast.

Yes and no. On some level it's entertainment and promotions so even a new fan will hear some hyperbole realize maybe that guys exaggerating

At the same time, part of why Dana has been a big star is that he/UFC ownership at the time is that he has created this image of the "foul mouth straight shooter who's passionate about mma". He calls out the judges (which puts him on the same side as fans) curses here and there and generally controls most of the larger social media narratives around he and the UFC.

In comparison to the other sports public leaders, he will come off as relaxed and a regular guy as opposed to goddell or silver or whoever runs baseball

Yes and no. On some level it's entertainment and promotions so even a new fan will hear some hyperbole realize maybe that guys exaggerating

At the same time, part of why Dana has been a big star is that he/UFC ownership at the time is that he has created this image of the "foul mouth straight shooter who's passionate about mma". He calls out the judges (which puts him on the same side as fans) curses here and there and generally controls most of the larger social media narratives around he and the UFC.

In comparison to the other sports public leaders, he will come off as relaxed and a regular guy as opposed to goddell or silver or whoever runs baseball
Dana is kind of a genius, but at the same time, me and Frank are the real geniuses.

definitely does, i think - he used to have a rep around here as the guy who keeps it real etc - thats exactly what hes going for - he always pushes his interest but is keeping it real at the same time - pretty solid work - i think it lasted until he started bashing fedor - at that point he started to lose credibility with more discerning / intelligent fans

He is a promoter and it's in his interest to protect and promote the business he runs. That means pushing the version of things that best suits his interests. But if you think he is unique in that regard and that there is anyone who is a pure truthteller 24/7 then you are crazy. It's doesn't even have to be about malicious or active dishonesty, everyone focuses on what they think is in their interest in the moment.

1. I don't care if Dana is honest or not just put on good fights which he does.

2. I think he's more honest then fans give him credit.

3. Fans don't need to know shit anyway. You watch fights and that's it.

Dana is slick. For a noob, it would prob take a good 6 months to a year to figure out he's a dirty clown.

Dana White is about the bottom line. Money talks with Dana. He can be brutally honest at times yet blatantly lie as well. He has a complicated job though. I think he does way more good than not for the sport to attack his character.

Who cares if he's an "honest guy"? By now you should know he does lie sometimes (as does everybody else), so that makes it your job to differentiate between the reasonable stuff and the dumb shit Dana says.

I find this thread to be in bad taste (it doesn't "offend" me, I'm not a liberal beta cuck). Dana F. White is the main reason MMA and sherdog are what they are today. He is also the reason many of you exist, since he banged your mothers

He is a promoter and it's in his interest to protect and promote the business he runs. That means pushing the version of things that best suits his interests. But if you think he is unique in that regard and that there is anyone who is a pure truthteller 24/7 then you are crazy. It's doesn't even have to be about malicious or active dishonesty, everyone focuses on what they think is in their interest in the moment.

I don't think it's in his best interest to tell outright lies. I think he had the right idea by not giving any number to Landsberg, I think that is fine for his position if he has nothing better to say. Lying hurts him IMO.

I find this thread to be in bad taste (it doesn't "offend" me, I'm not a liberal beta cuck). Dana F. White is the main reason MMA and sherdog are what they are today. He is also the reason many of you exist, since he banged your mothers

I still believe he should get a ton of credit for what he has done for MMA. He is still a huge liar though.

Back