Dominick Cruz has the best chance of anyone to be 3 division champ

OneGloveGracie

Double Yellow Card
@Green
Reaction score
I think if anyone has a chance its gonna be someone in the smallest divisions because those weight classes are closer together. from Flyweight to Featherweight is only 20 lbs. Thats 3 weight divisions at a gap equal to MW to LHW.

I think if Dominick Cruz can make FLW he would have the best chance.

Last edited:
I don't agree. He'll get knocked out the Top 5 at FW easily.

I don't think Cruz is making flyweight.

i like dom but that's an impossible feat for him

QONVIyz.gif

LMAO do you really expect club fighters like Holloway and Lamas to be able to land a clean punch? They'd be hitting air all night

Cruz ain't making FLW. I assumed you meant BW FW and LW. Which isn't happening. He'd die if Conor hit him. Aldo would tear him up badly and Khabib etc would just be jailed for what would happen.

Cruz can't make FlyW. The best chance at a 3 division champ is Edgar because he can make bantamweight rather easily (according to his camp) and that's unlikely as long as Aldo is around.

i like dom but that's an impossible feat for him
Really? Barao is known to give Aldo a run for his money in sparring. And Barao got DESTROYED by TJ --> who then lost to Cruz. Cruz running circles on flat-footed Aldo is very plausible.

I don't think Cruz is making flyweight.
We don't know this for sure though. I think him making FLW might be equally as hard as Mcgregor making FW. It would be tough, but he could probably do it.
Cruz ain't making FLW. I assumed you meant BW FW and LW. Which isn't happening. He'd die if Conor hit him. Aldo would tear him up badly and Khabib etc would just be jailed for what would happen.
No, I meant FLW, BW, FW. I don't think Aldo would be as successful as you think. Aldo is pretty flat footed and Cruz moves around a lot. I can see Cruz pot-shotting his way to a victory. Aldo had more trouble with lesser fighters in the past(Mark Homonick).

Cruz is probably the biggest BW on the roster or close to that.
As said before he can't make FLW, and if he did he'd be depleted and DJ would beat him.

Holloway is almost as good as Cruz is standing and much bigger... Aldo is a death matchup and Conor would touch him and he would die. Khabib rips his arm off and Ferg mauls him. But assuming FW was the top weight, there exists no world where Cruz is a better striker than Jose Aldo.

Cruz is better ofnhanging at BW, he's bigger and Marcus sup favorable with most of the top 10

he wont be a 3 division champ, he wont be a 2 division champ, he wont even be a 1 division champ after NO LOVE knock him tf out. This one's for Faber. KAPOW

Edgar could do it if Aldo wasn't around. Conor has a shot with that power and the way Woodley lets himself get easily backed up against the fence.

the best chance at a 3 weight champion is staring you assholes right in the face. #conorbless

I think if anyone has a chance its gonna be someone in the smallest divisions because those weight classes are closer together. from Flyweight to Featherweight is only 20 lbs. Thats 3 weight divisions at a gap equal to MW to LHW.

I think if Dominick Cruz can make FLW he would have the best chance.

Nope. You're not thinking hard enough. Problem is Cruz weighs 160ish walking. He's not a good fit to do a regular FLW cut.

TJ Dillashaw on the other hand......walks a bit smaller and can cut according to him.

Nope. You're not thinking hard enough. Problem is Cruz weighs 160ish walking. He's not a good fit to do a regular FLW cut.

TJ Dillashaw on the other hand......walks a bit smaller and can cut according to him.
Actually Cruz said he never gets over 155. And 2 weeks out from a fight he weighs 150. Only 15 lbs over limit 2 weeks out is rare. He can make FLW imo.

DJ walks around at 170+. And Tim Elliott is the same size as Cruz so if he can make the weight, Cruz can too. Cruz became a BW when there was no FLW division so there is a possiblity that he would have been a FLW had that division existed.

Lets see...hes has 0 % chance at 145 and would look silly (i dont mean fighting wise)if he made 125...I dont think the dancing and bobbing cruz will have title too much longer at 135..
Hell'-i thought tj beat him..

If Conor was still champ I think Frankie could have done it

Back