PPV on Roku or PS4

bbradt0232

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Has anyone tried streaming a PPV through the UFC app on Roku or through PS4?

I have like 7 or 8 people going ointo buy the PPV and I'm trying to figure out the best way to
stream it.
I dont have a cable provider. I've gone the laptop route on UFC.tv before and it skips a lot.

I stream all the fs1 cards and prelims through fsgo on Roku, and it has to buffer every so often.

My guess is that PS4 will be better because I can make a direct internet connection, but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with the two.

I just stream highly illegally through an old laptop

<{danayeah}>

I've not given Dana a snowflake

If the PS4 is wired to the router directly, use the PS4. Better connection will reduce buffering issues.

Has anyone tried streaming a PPV through the UFC app on Roku or through PS4?

I have like 7 or 8 people going ointo buy the PPV and I'm trying to figure out the best way to
stream it.
I dont have a cable provider. I've gone the laptop route on UFC.tv before and it skips a lot.

I stream all the fs1 cards and prelims through fsgo on Roku, and it has to buffer every so often.

My guess is that PS4 will be better because I can make a direct internet connection, but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with the two.

I've used my XBOX 360 and my XB1 before and it worked fine. I would definitely go the PS4 route over the Roku though, just because it's hard wired.

When was the last time you unplugged your modem let it sit for 30 seconds and
restarted your router?

I usually do this before PPV's.

I use my PS4 and it's on the network through WiFI and I've never had any issues with it.

I purchase every UFC pay per view through the UFC app on my Roku. Never had an issue.

I have purchased and streamed a PPV on my Roku. I had a good cable Internet connection at the time and streamed it over my home WiFi network. It worked great. I had high resolution and smooth video for the duration of the event.

Back