Why is Anthony "Rumbles" Johnson so under rated here?

Stillmyboy1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's kind of funny how the common perception here is that someone like Mousasi would beat Johnson. Johnson has run through the entire lhw division and is literally unstoppable right now. He is criminally under rated and to pick a guy like Moose to beat him is just madness.

I would go as far as to say that johnson is better than Jon Jones and would beat him easily in the first round. I know mma math is a silly thing to look at but if you look at their common opponents (Gus,Glover) Rumble dispatched of them much quicker and easier than Jones did and Jones struggled to beat Gustafsson.

No one here gives Johnson much credit. They all assume anyone with good grappling could "weather the storm" take Rumble down and choke him out.

Why would Rumble have turned down the Moose fight if he thought Moose had no chance?

I guess you got rustled by the other thread lol.

He's not underrated just because some people think Mousasi would beat him. Styles make fights.

Maybe you underrate Mousasi? Or overrate Rumble? You did that say that he'd beat Jones easily.

Why would Rumble have turned down the Moose fight if he thought Moose had no chance?

Because Rumble wasn't going to take any replacement fight you goof, Its not about Mousasi...

Its just a small injury and he'll wait a couple of months for Cormier to heal up, plain and simple

I guess you got rustled by the other thread lol.

He's not underrated just because some people think Mousasi would beat him. Styles make fights.

Maybe you underrate Mousasi? Or overrate Rumble? You did that say that he'd beat Jones easily.
mousasi got ktfo by Uriah hall. Imagine what Rumble would do to him

It's kind of funny how the common perception here is that someone like Mousasi would beat Johnson. Johnson has run through the entire lhw division and is literally unstoppable right now. He is criminally under rated and to pick a guy like Moose to beat him is just madness.

I would go as far as to say that johnson is better than Jon Jones and would beat him easily in the first round. I know mma math is a silly thing to look at but if you look at their common opponents (Gus,Glover) Rumble dispatched of them much quicker and easier than Jones did and Jones struggled to beat Gustafsson.

No one here gives Johnson much credit. They all assume anyone with good grappling could "weather the storm" take Rumble down and choke him out.
It's pretty much 1 way or the other. Rumble knocks you the fuck out, or you survive the onslaught and choke him out. It's been that way most of his career.

It's not like he got choked out by Rich Clementi or aything.

Because Rumble wasn't going to take any replacement fight you goof, Its not about Mousasi...

Its just a small injury and he'll wait a couple of months for Cormier to heal up, plain and simple
Why not, if he thought there was no chance he'd lose?

It's kind of funny how the common perception here is that someone like Mousasi would beat Johnson.

r-kelly-cigarette-gif-wtf.gif

Ahhhhh, this is a common perception here on Sherdog? Or are you on a alternate universe Sherdog?

Last edited:
It's pretty much 1 way or the other. Rumble knocks you the fuck out, or you survive the onslaught and choke him out. It's been that way most of his career.
What about the Phil Davis fight? Just going to forget about that one are you

What did I just say? Styles make fights. Stop with the MMAmath. Anyway, you do realize that there was a rematch right?

I don't think that he is underrated. As a matter of fact quite the contrary.

I am just glad he found the right weight class after his WW fiasco.

Why not, if he thought there was no chance he'd lose?

<{vega}>

Of course there is a chance he might lose. Literally every single fighter on earth thinks the same when considering to fight someone. Doesn't mean they are ducking them.

Jesus christ I hate talking MMA stuff with newbies

What about the Phil Davis fight? Just going to forget about that one are you
Nah Rumble looked great, shrugging of takedowns left and right, keeping distance and not letting Phil ever get close. It was a good decision win for Rumble. But that's not the norm. Usually he either finishes or get's finished. Of course there is times where it goes differently. Rumble vs Moose could be a jab fest where neither fighter really goes for it, and we get a shitty decision after a shitty fight. Who knows?

And then Hall got absolutely rolled on by Mousasi in their rematch. Don't confuse a fluke with the expected (and usual) results.

"is literally unstoppable right now"
ldWLZ.gif
Dc disagrees and will submit him again when the time comes

I love when Joined-date-2016s read two comments and then call it "everyone."

173026-erlich-youre-gay-that-explains-dC9X.gif

Back