I worry about Conor's chin

RandomUser12

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just cannot get the sight of him being severely rocked by the first clean connection Nate made on his chin in the first fight. In all honesty, Nate was on the verge of stopping him on the feet before Conor chose the less humiliating and devastating method of defeat. Nate is a tough guy but he's the equivalent of Paulie Malignaggi as a puncher, and yet this guy pretty much had him out on his feet with a single punch.

People think his substandard grappling will be his undoing and they might be right, but I can just as easily see him getting sparked unconscious now that he's not fighting stubby armed, blown up bantamweight like Chad Mendes.

I'm no Conor fan, but he's a human. Anyone can get rocked, KO'd, or even killed by a punch that get's them just right. Getting tagged in one fight really doesn't mean shit.

Id worry about it if he was getting hurt in every fight, but thats the only time he's been wobbled so I dont get the big deal?

I just cannot get the sight of him being severely rocked by the first clean connection Nate made on his chin in the first fight. In all honesty, Nate was on the verge of stopping him on the feet before Conor chose the less humiliating and devastating method of defeat. Nate is a tough guy but he's the equivalent of Paulie Malignaggi as a puncher, and yet this guy pretty much had him out on his feet with a single punch.

People think his substandard grappling will be his undoing and they might be right, but I can just as easily see him getting sparked unconscious now that he's not fighting stubby armed, blown up bantamweight like Chad Mendes.
Never even been wobbled or dropped in a fight why would you worry about his chin...was gassed and Nate connected well which stunned him but so far in his career it looks like his chin is solid as fuck! Hasn't been really beaten up or hit with ko power to see how solid it really is but it's certainly not a weakness of his

LOL. These Sherdoggers don't understand... Can't no lightweight knock out McGregor. You gotta bring an elephant to stop that man. It's a whole nother ball game when ur trying to knock out the GOAT

He was gassed out and he was rocked and he then survived on the feet for like a minute before the takedown.

If he takes the next 10 months off and he works on his distance and tdd and cardio id be worried about everyone else chin when he comes back

I agree. I see someone like Ferguson who has an iron chin and very good, creative standup, being able to stand toe to toe with Conor and eventually besting him the same way Nate did. All it will take from Ferguson is one or two solid combinations to rock Conor. I don't see Conor being able to hurt Ferguson on the feet, like at all. RDA threw everyting and the kitchen sink at Ferguson, and Ferguson LITERALLY laughed when he got tagged. He gives ZERO fucks and is a savage, plus has the absolute perfect mentality to not give a fuck about Conors shit talking pre-fight. IMO, pretty easy fight for Ferguson.

I agree. I see someone like Ferguson who has an iron chin and very good, creative standup, being able to stand toe to toe with Conor and eventually besting him the same way Nate did. All it will take from Ferguson is one or two solid combinations to rock Conor. I don't see Conor being able to hurt Ferguson on the feet, like at all. RDA threw everyting and the kitchen sink at Ferguson, and Ferguson LITERALLY laughed when he got tagged. He gives ZERO fucks and is a savage, plus has the absolute perfect mentality to not give a fuck about Conors shit talking pre-fight. IMO, pretty easy fight for Ferguson.
LMAO. Don't get me wrong, I still think RDA is the best lightweight currently. But comparing RDA's power to Conor's power is a joke. These lightweights they dont understand...

And I can see Ferguson will crumble before Conor during the pre fight conference. Dude is lame and cringeworthy.

I think you like to hear yourself talk a bit too much.
He took Nate's shots fine in the second fight.
A big factor in the first fight was him being gassed the f*ck out, so a clean connection to the chin has a way worse effect.
Can he be knocked out? Sure he can. But his chin isn't a glas one like the Reem's.

LMAO. Don't get me wrong, I still think RDA is the best lightweight currently. But comparing RDA's power to Conor's power is a joke. These lightweights they dont understand...

RDA has very good power, so to say it pales in comparison to Conor's is just dumb. How many guys has Conor KO'd in the UFC? One I believe.

RDA has very good power, so to say it pales in comparison to Conor's is just dumb. How many guys has Conor KO'd in the UFC? One I believe.
It seems like you are making the distinction between TKO and KO.

But you don't check to see that few people have been able to do either of these things to his past opponents like he did.

People overvalue punching power over precision and its common mistake. Nate got him on the button and he knows how to throw a punch. End of thread.

His chin looks fine to me. Also, like Nate, he sees shots coming, which allows him to take them much better.

It seems like you are making the distinction between TKO and KO.

But you don't check to see that few people have been able to do either of these things to his past opponents like he did.

Needless to say, but Conor isn't TKO'ing or KO'ing Ferguson.

And I can see Ferguson will crumble before Conor during the pre fight conference. Dude is lame and cringeworthy.

I take it you missed the Ferguson fight :D

I take it you missed the Ferguson fight :D
Fighters can have ups and down just like the stock market. And people will be fickle and abandon at the drop of a dime. I see the skillset still there, the wit is still there. He'll make a comeback.

Nice speculation. I can do it too.

I predict 1st round coma KO, Ferguson face-flat on the ground.

You did see the fight between RDA and Ferguson right? You know it was in Mexico City right? At an elevation of 7300 ft above sea level right? All 5 rounds right? Ferguson looking as fresh after the fight as he did round 1 right?

Conor gassed in 2 rounds against Nate Diaz, thus "weakening" his chin as he was getting punched by Nate. So, I CANT FUCKING WAIT to see how he handles Ferguson's - A. gas tank B. granite chin C. longer reach
Gonna be a funny ass fight watching Conor get manhandled by a tougher, longer, and all around better fighter.

Back