Cross Fit Derrick Lewis won tonight

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Looks like cross fit got a W this Friday night.

On the lead up to this fight The Black Beast said he was doing cross fit to improve his fitness for this fight and he won in the 4th round yikes !

What say ye?

Obviously paid dividends. He must have ran a half marathon chasing his opponent...

aI7piPQG5No.jpg

I was working so I didn't get to see the fight(which everyone is saying was terrible), but is it possible he is taking the Yoel approach, and conserving 'till late, then exploding? Again, didn't see the fight, just going off of Sherdoggers descriptions.

I hope people stop bringing up Kimbo v Houston Alexander now cuz that was ten times worse.

I don't understand why HW is so threadbare. Hurry Uber TS, we're barely holding on..

Honestly I think Lewis is being way too hard on himself. He paced himself, did a great job defending, Let his opponent gas himself out, and then exploded when it counted.

At the top of the heavyweight division you want to be the fighter weathering the storm and taking advantage of defensive slip ups when your opponent gets tired. Lunging forward into a kill shot has taken out far too many top heavyweights. Lewis did fine, it was an awkward fight but he found a way to win. Scary power from the mount.

Back