The Difference Between MMA Big Guys & A-Level Big Athletes

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At HW, there are no super powerful guys that win based on purely mass and size because the UFC has a 265 lb weight cap. So, you don't see guys built like linebackers because it's illegal for them to compete in MMA.

We do have guys with good cardio.

However, I realized watching Gian Villante's fight that we don't have anyone with good speed.

We used to have JDS, Fedor, & even Cro Cop. All those guys are slow now though. We have no 230+ lb guys competing at the elite level with explosive speed.

At HW, there are no super powerful guys that win based on purely mass and size because the UFC has a 265 lb weight cap. So, you don't see guys built like linebackers because it's illegal for them to compete in MMA.

wtf042.gif

Lol Jesus the tard is strong in this one

However, I realized watching Gian Villante's fight that we don't have anyone with good speed.

We used to have JDS, Fedor, & even Cro Cop. All those guys are slow now though. We have no 230+ lb guys competing at the elite level with explosive speed.
Uhmmm http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/francis-the-predator-ngannou-warwagon.3416081/ He is rather quick.

Guys like Lesnar cut from ~300lbs. Most LB are under that. THere are lineman who couldn't get under, but they are not typically fast. I said typically, there are some freaks out there.

But then why bother making less money to get hit in the face?

Just imagine the damage Lebron James would do if he joined the UFC and fought at HW, with even just minimal training.

How many 250 lb'ers in the UFC could you see moving like this:

lebron-james-dunk-knicks-gif.gif

Just imagine the damage Lebron James would do if he joined the UFC and fought at HW, with even just minimal training...
Nope I Don't see it. More like if LBJ transitioned to American Football as a Tight End. Because he has some experience in the sport. ya know?

That is because any 230+ lb athlete with elite speed is probably smart enough to make more money playing football or basketball.

Guys like Lesnar cut from ~300lbs. Most LB are under that. THere are lineman who couldn't get under, but they are not typically fast. I said typically, there are some freaks out there.

Khalil Mack is listed at 247 and a physical specimen but maybe beside IDK Julius Peppers and Jevon Kearse who was listed at 265 and literally nicknamed the freak not many OT's could make the jump maybe DE's. and they would need say 2 to three years and thats being very optimistic.

Just imagine the damage Lebron James would do if he joined the UFC and fought at HW, with even just minimal training.

Big country would've swatted Lebron, took it all the way back, and threw it down in Kevin loves face.

IMG_1777.JPG

That is because any 230+ lb athlete with elite speed is probably smart enough to make more money playing football or basketball.
Especially basketball that money is guaranteed. But basketball players might not like to get punched in the face...

MMA's best athlete. Also black, 6'5, with a huge reach, sounds good so far..

2gt3g5v.jpg

Big country would've swatted Lebron, took it all the way back, and threw it down in Kevin loves face.

View attachment 176833
There's a lot of truth to this. It's more about skills than physical talent.

Elite ammy wrestlers are better prospects than NFL players because they have a useful skill for MMA.

Plus they'd actually die if doing anything aerobic for 15 minutes.

I would call multiple world champ gold medalists like Fedor or Ogawa A level big athletes, even if they are not 7 feet tall, they are big guys.. Big olympians like Mark Coleman, Hershel Walker, Gardner, Schultz are A level athletes imo..

I think USADA is what stops a lot of top, aging Footballplayers and basketballplayers to step in the cage today. Not all of them weigh over 300 lbs, and it is still not impossible to cut a bit of fat and water to get down to 265

Back