Early Stoppage Lewis vs Abdurakhimov

psg15

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm not saying the fight shouldn't have been stopped,but it looked Lewis wasn't landing that many shots when he had Abdurakhimov mounted.

I think the ref gave Lewis the win tonight. In the words of Derek Lewis, "That fight was bullshit!".

<mma4>

you have to consider the power here. They're HW's.

I thought it was OK but I'll be honest with ya, I have a bias towards Black Beast and I'm several drinks in, so I'd have to rewatch!

a bit early, but it's not like the russian guy was getting up

It was early, but I didnt see a thing from abdurakhimov that made me think he was going to escape at all.

Beast was starting to land, it just would have gotten worse.

Dude wasn't offering any type of resistance or defense.

No prob with the stoppage for me.

I thought it was early. It was a bad position, but Shamil was not visibly hurt or bleeding .. I think it was a panic stoppage because Beast had mount, but it was also the end of the round.

Dude wasn't even really trying to do anything at that point.

Good stoppage.

Shamil wanted no part of that fight after Lewis tagged him in the second. It was a mercy stoppage and all three men in the cage knew it. Shamil was grateful to just get out of there.

Stood him up when it was clear Lewis couldn't get up himself, warned for not engaging when Lewis was doing literally nothing, early stoppage.

Js.

Maybe a little early but the main problem is that unprofessional shitty ref being influenced by the terrible crowd.

It was pretty late. Most people can't handle BLACK BEAST mounting them at all.

It felt a little early to me...but I was just happy to have that fight over with anyways.

Ref put Abdurakhimov and the fans out of their misery

Good stoppage

I'm not saying the fight shouldn't have been stopped,but it looked Lewis wasn't landing that many shots when he had Abdurakhimov mounted.

I think the ref gave Lewis the win tonight. In the words of Derek Lewis, "That fight was bullshit!".
So you're not saying that the fight shouldn't have been stopped but you are saying that it was an early stoppage.

You can't have it both ways

I wouldn't want 265 on top of me. Im 145

Shamil wanted no part of that fight after Lewis tagged him in the second. It was a mercy stoppage and all three men in the cage knew it. Shamil was grateful to just get out of there.

You sure he landed at all?

Remember, Stann yelled "huge uppercut, Shamil is scared" during every exchange....one time it was just a feint with no strikes thrown and he still said it.

Shamil was scared of the beasts bombs, but countered him every time anyway.

to the death!!!

battle of the titans you gotta let it go!!!

Abdurakhimov was gonna channel his inner Brock there

you guys are savage. beast landed some huge bombs, shamil head was banging off the canvas, plus this is HW for goodness sake

I agree, 27 unanswered shots to the head from a 280 lb HW is not that many.

Should be a 30 shot minimum.

Back