Enson Inoue at age 28

Glove

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Few fighters in the history of MMA come as more revered in heart and tenacity as Enson Inoue. No he's not a superstar and you won't mention him amongst even the greats. But he still is talked about in knowledgeable circles and whenever old clips of him are shown the viewer is always left impressed. Enson fought in many organizations, UFC, Pride, Shooto, Japan Vale Tudo. Quite well round with quick submissions and sharp hurried punches while his veracity for violence and completely aggressive tactics made him dangerous at all times. A black belt in BJJ, even in his losses he was seemingly winning the fight at some point. In one fight where he lost a grueling match against UFC champion Frank Shamrock at Japan Vale Tudo in 1997, Fran hd to be helped out of the ring afterwards and claimed that "this" match was the hardest of his storied career. Enson would win the Shooto light-heavyweight championship in 1997 however and would fight all over the world. He is best known also for his charity work, while living in Hawaii he flew to Japan to assist people who lost homes and whole entire families to the Fukushima earthquake in 2011. He also has a brother, Egan Inoue, who also has fought in many organizations. Enson would finish with a career 12-8 record in MMA.

Here in this video we have Enson Inoue vs UFC Champion Randy Couture at World Vale Tudo Japan in 1998. It would also be Randy Couture's very first loss in MMA after going 4-0 in the UFC. WVT Japan had 3 rounds, 8 minutes each round. Note, Tom Erikson former Pride fighter in the corner of Enson Inoue in this match. Enson has also faced Igor Vovchanchyon, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria, Heath Herring, Frank Shamrock and Mark Kerr.

One of the most honorable men to ever step into a cage or ring.

Legend/Pioneer. The beating he withstood against Vovchanchyn was scary, so much to the point that it very well almost ended his life.

His fight against Vovchanchyn is the thing of legend.

Enson took the beating of a lifetime. I can't really recall a fighter ever having taken a worse beating. But, he came out swinging against a guy who was leaps and bounds the better striker, and even while taking the worst beating I can remember, never gave up.

The guy is the embodiment of a modern warrior.

Legend/Pioneer. The beating he withstood against Vovchanchyn was scary, so much to the point that it very well almost ended his life.

That shit was brutal. At the time it didn't look at all that bad, until he starts to get up and has to be carried by his cornermen. Then we find out he spent like 6 weeks in the hospital. Igor was a bad, bad man.

That shit was brutal. At the time it didn't look at all that bad, until he starts to get up and has to be carried by his cornermen. Then we find out he spent like 6 weeks in the hospital. Igor was a bad, bad man.
Yeah, he had some really bad swelling of the brain, and some cracks in his skull if I wasn't mistaken(Real cracks, fuck off tito). Very few people could sling leather as hard as Igor could at the time.

and post on Sherdog.
He was my friend on here before they changed the format to not have friends. Was also my Facebook friend, but I don't think he uses it anymore.

He was my friend on here before they changed the format to not have friends. Was also my Facebook friend, but I don't think he uses it anymore.

So not real friend, just the millenial definition of friend.

Back