even greater illegitimacy of the 145 title?

MRT

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So how much more illegitimate can the 145 title become? oh, plenty more, my fellow Sherdoggers!

We know that if Pettis beats Max, he will not gain the interim title since he missed making weight; however, Dana may still let Pettis challenge Aldo for the 'real' title. Now imagine Pettis would again fail to make weight, yet also beats Aldo.

Pettis would have no actual title, despite beating both the 'interim' and 'real' 145 champ...while NONE of those three guys would have beaten Conor, who was stripped of the true 145 title that he legitimately won but then never defended...LMAO

I personally want prefer to see Max win and then fight Aldo...but I almost want the above situation to occur, just as a big karmic bit*h slap to the UFC lol

Or imagine what happens when Conor actually is defending a belt.

I don't understand this whole "karma against UFC for stripping Conor' mindset. He wasn't defending the belt. It was going to be a year without defending and now he is taking 10 months off. You can't have a champ hold onto the belt for 22 months without defending even once

Or imagine what happens when Conor actually is defending a belt.

yeah, right. I know the situation I outlined above is somewhat far-fetched, but you are treading into the land of crazy talk ;)

This is more unlikely to happen than Conor actually making a title defense

I don't understand this whole "karma against UFC for stripping Conor' mindset. He wasn't defending the belt. It was going to be a year without defending and now he is taking 10 months off. You can't have a champ hold onto the belt for 22 months without defending even once

oh, not as punishment for that...I fully agree with stripping Conor. I long ago suspected he would never drop back down to 145 to actually defend it.

I mean it as karma for the whole sh*tshow the UFC started in the 145 division in the first place when they let Conor fight three times without defending, the way they have f**ked over Aldo, and now are handing out 'real' and 'interim' belts that are clearly tarnished because of this whole mess.

It's less about that and more about them doing it only because DC pulled out. Lying to the fans and creating a fake belt that now only one person is illegible for.

Without Conor nobody would be watching the 145lbs fighters anyway.

Without Conor nobody would be watching the 145lbs fighters anyway.
Hardcore MMA fans will watch every division. But the casual fans won't care much for 145 without Conor and he has attracted millions of those.

Back