Dana White changes his mind now willing to pay GSP

J

JollyRants

upload_2016-12-9_14-33-38.pngAfter Georges St-Pierre was announced as one of the five board members to the newly-created Mixed Martial Arts Athlete’s Association (MMAAA) last week, it seems the channels of communication (and negotiation) between he and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) have suddenly opened.

Something that wasn’t the case this past summer.

After "Rush" revealed that UFC reached out to him to re-open negotiations to potentially see him back inside the Octagon, company president Dana White confirmed that he does indeed want Georges back inside the eight-walled cage.

And he is even open to paying him more money, as long as St-Pierre and Co. are reasonable about their requests.

Dana - "I have a good relationship with Georges and yeah, obviously, we would love him to fight," White said on an appearance in the Chad Dukes vs. the World radio show via MMA Fighting. "The problem is, Georges has a deal. Georges is under contract with us right now. He has a deal. I’m not afraid to give Georges St-Pierre more money, but it’s got to be reasonable."

Now Dana has a good relationship with George lol ? After saying GSP doesnt have the heart to fight and hurling all kinds of insults GSP way now you have a good relationship with him and is willing to pay him ??
jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

Sauce http://www.mmamania.com/2016/12/9/1...re-more-money-return-has-to-be-reasonable-mma

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm not impressed by your offer"

Well Conor out most of 2017 and Ronda may retire after 207, Dana knows he needs the Goat

while I agree the UFC should pay GSP more money, the UFC cant be blamed for GSP taking the break when he did with the contract he did. He maybe shouldve fought out his contract before having his break. Couldve saved all of this hassle

More like "Now that he's fighting back, I'm considering buying him out before this 'Fighters Association' gets even more out of hand for me."

Well Conor out most of 2017 and Ronda may retire after 207, Dana knows he needs the Goat

Damn right, UFC needs eyeballs buying PPV's....and GSP is right there chillin.

Dana so quick to pay these faces of the newly-created association. Not scummy at all.

should have paid him sooner so Canada could of had a better card. RIP UFC 206.

View attachment 176679After Georges St-Pierre was announced as one of the five board members to the newly-created Mixed Martial Arts Athlete’s Association (MMAAA) last week, it seems the channels of communication (and negotiation) between he and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) have suddenly opened.

Something that wasn’t the case this past summer.

After "Rush" revealed that UFC reached out to him to re-open negotiations to potentially see him back inside the Octagon, company president Dana White confirmed that he does indeed want Georges back inside the eight-walled cage.

And he is even open to paying him more money, as long as St-Pierre and Co. are reasonable about their requests.

"I have a good relationship with Georges and yeah, obviously, we would love him to fight," White said on an appearance in the Chad Dukes vs. the World radio show via MMA Fighting. "The problem is, Georges has a deal. Georges is under contract with us right now. He has a deal. I’m not afraid to give Georges St-Pierre more money, but it’s got to be reasonable."

Now Dana has a good relationship with George lol. After saying GSP doesnt have the heart to fight and hurling all kinds of insults GSP way now you have a good relationship with him and is willing to pay him ??
jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

Sauce http://www.mmamania.com/2016/12/9/1...re-more-money-return-has-to-be-reasonable-mma
More than likely with the Reebok bullshite GSP's missing out on big sponsorship scratch that he got before (according to Forbes he made $3million in sponsorships alone.) So GSP wants the UFC to match that to make up for the loss.

Well Conor is out for 10 months, and we know Rousey isn't selling as much PPVs as Dana likes to tell...

about f*cking time ya goof!!

look at 206 ffs!

GSP should just look to get out of that contract and then fight for someone else

I don't see how he could want to be part of anything with Dana after how disrespectful Dana has been to him. Isn't like GSP is one of those guys who runs his mouth and deserves it, he was the perfect poster boy champ for the UFC and got them HUGE numbers in Canada.....and Dana just shit all over him

One of the more embarrassing things he has ever done in my opinion

There were a lot of things at play, but the Reebok thing had to be the icing on the cake. GSP would have been screwed had he stayed on and had to give up his UA sponsorship.

Back