Max Holloway & others reacts on Pettis missing weight

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score

timestamped

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...to-missing-weight-for-first-time-in-career-my

"It was a team call," Pettis said. "My body just wouldn't let go of that extra weight. It's just one those things. We did everything right beforehand, everything was on point. My body just gave out. I had nothing left to give.
"In the end, we decided that my career and health are more important than those two extra pounds."
"It was definitely a different feeling," he said. "I've never felt like that in my life."
"I'm not here for the interim belt," he said. "Originally, this fight wasn't for the belt. The plan has always been to just beat Max Holloway.
"And he's not beating me tomorrow night."

P.S. Dana also said that Pettis was only 10 lbs over while arriving in Canada

Last edited:
I never liked Pettis.

This makes me happy.

This video editor needs to slow down.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...to-missing-weight-for-first-time-in-career-my

"It was a team call," Pettis said. "My body just wouldn't let go of that extra weight. It's just one those things. We did everything right beforehand, everything was on point. My body just gave out. I had nothing left to give.

"In the end, we decided that my career and health are more important than those two extra pounds."

"It was definitely a different feeling," he said. "I've never felt like that in my life."

"I'm not here for the interim belt," he said. "Originally, this fight wasn't for the belt. The plan has always been to just beat Max Holloway.

"And he's not beating me tomorrow night."

P.S. Dana also said that Pettis was only 10 lbs over while arriving in Canada

He has no business at 145. 155 guys have figured him out. His days in the UFC are numbered. He's Bellator bound.

He has no business at 145. 155 guys have figured him out. His days in the UFC are numbered. He's Bellator bound.
so like Khabib said "Pettis will go to the prelims"

but lets wait he may beat Max

Back