A WMMA 145lb div before a 125lb div?? Really?

Bork Lazer

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I am a Cyborg fan. I think she is the best WMMA fighter on the planet. But to think Dana offered a featherweight championship fight, effectively kicking off a new WMMA division, before having done so at flyweight is mind blowing to me. I understand that Cyborg is a draw but there are MAYBE 10 women, in the world, that you could sign at that weight class. Sure I could see a few bantamweights moving up but damn that division would so shallow it would make Mens FLW look deep.

Then you have girls like Valerie Letourneu, that are at that awkward in between weight, that would be over powered at 135 but kill them self to make 115. Hell she missed weight today and STILL looked like this...

9734106.jpg

When you look at it, she probably walks around at 135-140lbs. If she is cutting 20-25lbs that's 14-17% of her body weight. In comparison, the craziest weight cut I have ever seen was Rumble getting down to 170. He admitted that he would lose 40 lbs or so to get down to that limit. That means he would lose 19% of his body weight so just slightly more, percentage wise, than what a girl like Val has to go through. And he is not a small LHW by any means.

There are so many women that would benefit from a flyweight division in the UFC not mention the talent pool outside the UFC is pretty damn deep when compared to featherweight.

You could sign girls like:
Vanessa Porto
Julie Berezikova
Sarah D'Alelio
Barb Honchak
KGB Lee
Jennifer Maia

Plus on top of all that, you could sign girls away from Bellator since that seems to be the only women's division they have committed to. It just seems like a no brainer, yet because of one person that is a draw they want to create a division that would end being the same 4 or 5 people just fighting each other since its so shallow.

They just tryna keep Cybloke, as people love watching a Freakshow.

Can't wait for the first FOX card headlined by two chicks with rolls.

Joanne Calderwood beat the piss out of Valerie Lateronou at 125.

Back