How do you feel about fighters saying they've lost because of their opponent's size?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Can a fighter use their opponent's size as an excuse if they lose despite being the same weight?

Sometimes its legit, sometimes its not...

Then don't fight him to begin with?

Some of these guys dont have the luxury to sit out and wait for a re-book (no pun intended)

CREAM brother....

I say fuck them.

But i felt bad for Will Brooks.

You never heard Wanderlei make that kind of excuse.

Can a fighter use their opponent's size as an excuse if they lose despite being the same weight?

I think you're mistaking fighting someone in a 'weight class' but on fight night being outweighed significantly because of varying weight cuts. I think that in that respect they can have a legit gripe however they know what they are signing up for so maybe they shouldn't.

I've never asked anyone how much they weigh before we throw hands.

Make it open weight like in the early days when men were men and guys like Mighty Mouse and Cruz can fight in a WEC type organization.

It's legit. There is a reason there is weightclasses.

Depends on if and why they were outsized. If they weren't really smaller, or just a couple pounds, it's in one ear out the other. If they were smaller because they refuse to cut down to another weight class they can make, they need to live with the consequences of staying in the higher weight class. If they're facing someone like Rumble at WW (even when he made weight), yeah I recognize that maybe they really did have a legit disadvantage.

genki_sudo_minowaman_lolmma-300x203.jpg

I think they should go complain to old man Frankie Edgar and listen to his response........

Its like someone saying he is too strong or too fast. If he says it then thats what he felt when fighting the guy.

Back