Solutions to Increase in Weight Misses

CRobby22

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Personally I think they should just go back to making weight day of the fight. With a shorter recovery window you would see less guys making huge weight cuts and more would fight at a more natural weight. Another option would be off fight camp weigh ins to establish baselines, even though I am not sure how that could be managed with the sheer volume of competitors.

Same-day weigh-ins would send everyone up a division or two and that would be kind of a cluster.

I say fine fighters 15% per lb. missed, strip them naked, tie them to a pole, and parade them around the town.

You don't make weight?

Fight cancelled, you don't get paid.

They wouldn't risk it.

There's nothing wrong with the format now. How often do fighters miss weight? How often does a fighter missing weight effect us? I can think of less then five fights that have been canceled for weight issues. Sherdoggers seem to always overreact when this happens tho.

There's nothing wrong with the format now. How often do fighters miss weight? How often does a fighter missing weight effect us? I can think of less then five fights that have been canceled for weight issues. Sherdoggers seem to always overreact when this happens tho.
Not just Shergoofs. Almost all sports fans are entitled.

So you are ok with 2-3 guys per card missing weight?

When I wrestled in high school and club tournaments, we always had to make weight the day of. I don't see why these guys can't do the same.

So you are ok with 2-3 guys per card missing weight?
As a fan, as long as the fight goes on it doesn't bother me, and why should it? I would be upset if I was the guy he's fighting, but they also receive more money. Don't get me wrong, it's still unprofessional of a fighter to miss weight, but I'm not gonna call for a rule change or even say someone should lose their job, like I've seen some people on here say.

Back