Is 206 the biggest disaster ppv ufc has had?

BenRichards

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know they've cancelled a couple and turned others to fight nights but is this the most fubar event that ufc has still pushed as a ppv?

1. Originally slated to have gsp headline and negotiations collapsed
2. Lhw title scrap nixed when dc drops out
3. Rumble opts out completely
4. Ufc panics and removes fw title from conor and creates interim fw fight between halloway and Pettis
5. Pettis misses weight and now the interim is only relevant to max (which makes zero sense, if Pettis wins we know he's fighting aldo)
6. Just for stupidity's sake they even make emil meek shave his trademark beard

Seriously drawing a blank if an event has gone worse than this

Naw, theres been a few truly abysmal ones in the past.

But it's certainly not worth dropping $60 on.

During that time, In Montreal

gsppartyr.JPG

Last edited:
Pretty sure that UFC 151 will always hold that crown.

The last Montreal card was worse. That fucker got eviscerated.

UFC 149 had every main card fight change after the original announcement.
UFC 151 didn't happen.
UFC Fight Night: Hendricks vs. Thompson literally had to get pulled from PPV two weeks prior to the event.
UFC 176 didn't happen.
UFC 177 had the main event changed the day before the PPV and Joe Fucking Soto getting a title shot.
UFC 24 had the main event cancelled during the event after Randleman slipped and hurt himself.

i think 200 was an unmitigated disaster with how the Main event panned out, with the Conor histrionics and the with Jones getting pulled for (tainted horse meat, dick pills...supplements etc etc...) The card itself wasn't bad but as a cornerstone event it fell to shit in a big way.

If Pettis wins, he will not be fighting Aldo.

Naw, theres been a few truly abysmal ones in the past.

But it's certainly not worth dropping $60 on.
It's not worth it, I'm skipping. If it had Cormier vs Rumble 2 and GSP fight on it then I would have brought it, but the current card is just not worth it for me personally.

Back