The UFC should have embraced its biggest star instead of engaging in pissing contests with him

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
They basically fucked themselves over just not to let Conor have his way. He is the sport's biggest star currently, and held two belts simultaneously. Instead of embracing him and accomodating his defense title schedule, they decided to strip him and gifted the belt to someone who was KO'd stiff by him in thirteen seconds.

To make things worse, they created a parallel interim belt and are having a guy who was soundly beaten by McGregor fight a dude who can't even make 145.

If Holloway wins, the title will be fought between two guys defeated by Conor.

Was this supposed to restore UFC's credibility ? They handled the situation in the worst way possible.

Well done, WME-IMG.

Pretty much.

In the UFCs nature to be really childish. I wonder where they get it from...

dana.gif

I didn't actually read your post, just read it now I don't agree. I just wanted to post this.

LOL, the dude NEVER defended.

Not ONCE.

They did the right thing in stripping him.

If you don't defend, you can't STAY champ, indefinitely.

This reminds me of that scene in that movie with those actors when they were all like: "hey!"

in some ways they are partners, in other ways they are enemies (when it comes to fighting over how to cut up the money) - that kind of thing get really ruthless, would be odd otherwise - conor is one of the fighters who is smart enough to 1) generated a lot of value 2) be a reasonable competitor to ufc in negotiations - the ufc is a contract negotiating machine and will use all available opportunities to get leverage, including public shaming and all that - most people get bitched and submit to the 'one on one talk' with dana after a while and get put in their place - conor wins the belt and yells at dana (as if hes his bitch) to go get the second belt he won -

bro scientists should love negotiations, there is a lot of potential psycho analysis

Smarten up, ffs.

The UFC gave him everything. They allowed him to get two belts. Any other fighter would have been made to defend. And likely not even allowed to go for two belts. They certainly would not have been allowed multiple consecutive fuckery fights outside the division. While the belt had NEVER been defended.

Quit whining, ffs.

stop-whining.gif

they should never have given him so many advantages and favourable conditions, good to be rid of him a few months

So now, ONE fighter is greater than the entire organization?

Ok.

Smarten up, ffs.

The UFC gave him everything. They allowed him to get two belts. Any other fighter would have been made to defend. And likely not even allowed to go for two belts. They certainly would not have been allowed multiple consecutive fuckery fights outside the division. While the belt had NEVER been defended.

Quit whining, ffs.

stop-whining.gif

you just summed it up, thanks

Given the trendiness of anti-establishment sentiment, I'm actually convinced that it worked out in Conor's favor.

Last edited:
Either way, after Rousey's fight at the end of the month, there won't be any big fights really....PPV buys in early 2017 definitely won't be strong.

Sherdog's homo-erotic obsession with Conor is mind boggling. It's like if he isn't on TV 24/7 they start panicking

He never defended the title and was probably never going to. UFC were in the right to strip him. It was likely a mutual agreement behind closed doors anyway despite how Conor may want to portray it in public.

Part of him becoming the "biggest" star is that perceived conflict with the brass.

The vast majority of his most crazed fans care more about the press conferences, forced one liners, and his bad boy image than his actual fighting skills.

No need to change, its working.

Back