Why are fighter's consistently missing weight nowadays?

Roca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
10 years ago this was NOT a thing. Nowadays someone misses every event. And this trend began before USADA banned the IVs, although it has probably gotten worse since then.

Do we need to have increased punishment on those who don't make weight? It's getting a bit silly.

1st time offense=25% of purse to opponent
2nd time = 50%
3rd time=ban from that weight class or possible cut from roster

People are still adjusting to IV's and no PEDs. Dropping weight just isn't going to be much of a thing unless you're undersized for your weightclass.

They should be fined 15% per lb. missed. If the total percentage is >=100, fire them on the spot.

People are still adjusting to IV's and no PEDs. Dropping weight just isn't going to be much of a thing unless you're undersized for your weightclass.

Seems without PEDs guys should be losing weight and having easier cuts?

It's a combination of things. 10 years ago the lightest weight class was the re-introduced 155 lbs class. Now men go as low as 125 lbs. So you've got guys cutting WAY more than they should for that extra advantage.

Plus you've got the IV ban adjustment period, guys probably using the wrong nutritionists/coaches, more injuries (it does play a factor, probably because with USADA, recovery PED's aren't an option), etc.

But I still think it's mostly due to guys trying to cut down more than they should for that advantage.

Demote that fight on the card and give 50% of fighter's pay to their opponent.

Watch any cunt dare miss weight now.

Most guys aren't using strength enhancing PED's they are using the stuff to help you recover so you can train more .

You'd think so. But some PED's were used for injury recovery or even to assist weight/fat loss, so with them now strictly enforced, it can hinder the cutting process.

Most guys aren't using strength enhancing PED's they are using the stuff to help you recover so you can train more .

I don't see why that would play a major role in cutting then

People are trying to cut down too much especially the women who dropped to SW from FLW and even BW in some cases.

10 years ago this was NOT a thing. Nowadays someone misses every event. And this trend began before USADA banned the IVs, although it has probably gotten worse since then.

Do we need to have increased punishment on those who don't make weight? It's getting a bit silly.
I think competition got harder so the fighters are trying to use size as an advantage.

Joe Rogan may be right. Some fighters are cutting to much weight.

Pettis looks weak and fragile.

1st time offense=25% of purse to opponent
2nd time = 50%
3rd time=ban from that weight class or possible cut from roster
I like it, nice idea. They should do something like this for real..

They need to ban weight cut by dehydration and have everyone move up 1 class.

You'd think so. But some PED's were used for injury recovery or even to assist weight/fat loss, so with them now strictly enforced, it can hinder the cutting process.

Perhaps, I'm not super knowledgable of PEDs beyond the standard ones most BBs use.

I think competition got harder so the fighters are trying to use size as an advantage.

Joe Rogan may be right. Some fighters are cutting to much weight.

Pettis looks weak and fragile.

What the fuck are you doing posting legitimate replies?

I don't see why that would play a major role in cutting then

The more calories you burn the more weight you lose. The more you workout the more calories you burn. People are coming into their camps the same weight they were when they were allowed to juice and can't get down quick enough.

Back