Would you let Holloway vs Pettis happen if you were the UFC?

Loko3

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The risk here is obvious...if Pettis wins he kills off a contender that's on a 9 fight win streak but he clearly has issues making 145 lbs. Would you risk that and setup a fight with Aldo anyways?

Sadly i'm bellator

The UFC created this problem when they let a guy hold on to a title for 12 months without having the intention to ever defend it.

was Pettis that big 155er that he couldnt make 145 ? he made the weight against Oliveira though

If Holloway can't finish a guy that is like 1-3 in his last fights and can't make weight.. He shouldn't be a contender. I say let him kill Pettis.

No. He'd be fighting someone like Dennis Bermudez or Brian Ortega.

Pettis had 1 rough weight cut but he never missed weight so it is all asumptions from TS side.

Holloway does not lose his conteder status beause 1 loss.

Edit: Just found out that Pettis missed weight LOL.

The UFC likes Pettis. They made a big song and dance about him being on a cornflakes box and they use footage of his showtime kick in a lot of their promo material even though it wasn't in the UFC. They've given him a shot now at a title of sorts even though he has been losing a shitload, contrast that with Benson Henderson who they just let breeze out the door.

They'll be happy to have him hold a title if he wins, even if it sets Holloway back a little bit.

Holloway vs DHC for the Interim

Pettis vs Cub at catchweight

But that won't happen as a non title fight between Holloway and Pettis would do more PPV than Holloway vs DHC for a fake belt

Only if Holloway publicly agreed.

Yeah everything ever is Conor's fault lol.

You tryin to deny that he held the division up for a year ? The guy lied about defending after 196. The UFC enabled his fuckery, and duckery. He should have been stripped before 200.

Those are facts, son.

i dont understand the question. it's a PPV scheduled for tomorrow night. you think they're gonna cancel it on friday and just send everyone home? not a chance. interim belt was idiotic anyway,problem is as mentioned, if pettis wins, you really gonna book him in another title fight after he just missed weight for this one? Not good.

What a crazy event...remember when they had this in mind for a main card?

GSP vs anyone
DC vs Rumble
Holloway vs Pettis
JDS vs Mark Hunt
Swanson vs SuperBoy

If Holloway can't finish a guy that is like 1-3 in his last fights and can't make weight.. He shouldn't be a contender. I say let him kill Pettis.
Fucking too right, mate

I wish I disliked Max because it would be fun to root for a Pettis win that turbo-fucks 145 further, leaving Aldo as the paper champ of a division with no clear contenders :D

But I like Max, so this actually sucks :(

Back