Prediction: WME will sell UFC for a loss

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Reasons:

- They bought the UFC at the peak of the market. Asset prices are inflated all over the world. Stocks, bonds, real estate you name it.

- The fighters are getting pissed about their share of the pie. They are forming associations and fighting out their contracts.

- Conor will not fight unless he gets paid a massive amount of money compared to what the UFC has historically paid its stars.

- Lorenzo and Frank bamboozled Rahm's little bro. Lorenzo and Frank know more about the fight promoting business than Ari will ever know. They knew the company isn't worth $4.2 billion.

- Once the private equity investors realize that there is not going to be this huge windfall of cash as they expected they will get restless and start to push for a sale.

- Ronda is unstable and on the way out of the sport. No female will be able to carry the PPV business when she is gone.

I predict Lorenzo will make a play to buy the Raiders and if he cant get the deal done he will wait out the WME regime and at the right time swoop in to buy the UFC back for a fraction of what he sold it for. Conor will likely be a partner in the deal also. I give the new regime 6-8 years before they sell.

They'll run it into the ground before that, Bellator will take over.

The "UFC" brand name will be damaged by the time they sell.

yeah no.

the next TV deal is coming soon.

Expect the price to sky rocket.

They are going to be fine, don't worry.

I don't agree with all of those points but I think you're right about the general idea.

Jon Jones, Rhonda Rousey and Conor McGregor are the biggest stars. One is retiring soon, one is on suspension and one won't fight unless he gets a share of the company.

Better get some star power or the UFC will fall to a rival org.

Let´s see how the WME-IMG runs this first, but i like that idea.

Their ratings and PPV numbers have declined significantly from what they were 6 years ago when Conor and Ronda are not involved,Conor has flat out said he wants to get rich and bolt and Ronda is mentally unhinged her entire career depends on her next fight which is extremely tough for her.

Go back and look at the numbers on Wiki for their shows in 2010 and look at the cards now that aren't headlined by those two, it'll shock you.

If the fighting part falls through, they can always reboot UFC as a Big Brother-esque reality show with accompanying vlogs and movies.

Reasons:

- They bought the UFC at the peak of the market. Asset prices are inflated all over the world. Stocks, bonds, real estate you name it.

- The fighters are getting pissed about their share of the pie. They are forming associations and fighting out their contracts.

- Conor will not fight unless he gets paid a massive amount of money compared to what the UFC has historically paid its stars.

- Lorenzo and Frank bamboozled Rahm's little bro. Lorenzo and Frank know more about the fight promoting business than Ari will ever know. They knew the company isn't worth $4.2 billion.

- Once the private equity investors realize that there is not going to be this huge windfall of cash as they expected they will get restless and start to push for a sale.

- Ronda is unstable and on the way out of the sport. No female will be able to carry the PPV business when she is gone.

I predict Lorenzo will make a play to buy the Raiders and if he cant get the deal done he will wait out the WME regime and at the right time swoop in to buy the UFC back for a fraction of what he sold it for. Conor will likely be a partner in the deal also. I give the new regime 6-8 years before they sell.

Shit youre probably right lmao

They did pay way too much for what it is but I don't believe they will actually materialize the loss. They will stay with it for a while (10-15 years) if they don't lose too much money every year (in an investor point of view) if they can keep a 3 to 4 % return on investment (about 126 millions profit a year) that will stay as it is. It'll be lower than what the market can give you but at least you don't have to put more money to keep it going.

The problem is, it's that I don't know what kind of profit they can make, but with 126 millions being somekind of a baseline, I'm pretty sure they are short of that.

They will lose money in the long run for that I'm sure. 4.2 Billions is just stupid, basic finance tells you that any private company is worth about the next 10 years of profit (that's a thumb rule that doesn't take into account any synergies, killing a competitor strategies or buying out a supplier). So 420 millions profit a year, that's a lot of UFC on Fox and TUF finale to have in a year.

Reasons:

I was totally with you, and then you lost me.

You lost me when you just felt compelled to somehow, someway shoe-horn Conor becoming an owner into your claims/argument.

Listen pal, don't be like these other goofs - you're a pretty good poster. Lorenzo Fertitta is not going to go into some joint-venture with the billionaire Conor McGregor to buy the UFC 6-8 years from now.

To tell you the truth, Conor will not be a fighter 6-8 years from now. He'll only still be fighting if he's career went down the shitter and he mismanaged his money. Conor will also have several losses 2-3 years from now if he decides to hang around and actually fight the best Lightweights on the planet. Conor is not Floyd, and he will never do Floyd numbers on PPV ever. I doubt he'll ever even break 2 million buys to be honest, because the pinnacle of his career is behind him - no more huge events, no more once in a lifetime events like simultaneous belts - all that gusto is in the past.

WME may sell to a loss, possibly. But I will put money on Conor never becoming an owner, he'll only ever be a stakeholder if he signs the cheque and buys stocks/shares like Wahlberg and company.

Mate, UFC is the only place to see Mike Perry Platinum fight, so they aint going anywhere

#Platinumbless

ufc202_weighin_025.jpg

Back