Why DHC Is Unlikely To Ever Get Over In UFC

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
DHC just isn't likely to ever get a lot of fans cheering for him or even caring about him much one way or the other in The UFC because of several reasons. Most fans are mainstream fans. They care about personality and interview style. They then watch the fights because they either like the guy a lot and want to see him win, or hate him and want to see him lose. If they're indifferent, he's not over.

The other reason is he just doesn't look like a fighter is supposed to look. He doesn't look like a full gown intimidating man. Think of these fighters- Dan Henderson, Wanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, Tito Otiz, Brock Lesnar, Cain Velasquez, JDS, and DHC. Which one doesn't fit?

Because he's black and TS is a racist

He doesn't speak English and will not sell to casuals.

If he finishes fights, he'll grow on the fans. Imo his look actually makes him alot more intriguing.

I could make that same list of yours and instead of DHC put Roy Nelson there. He doesn't look like a fighter at all, yet people like seeing him KO people. He'll do fine if the UFC pushes him while he keeps knocking people out.

the only real sport is thumb wrestling. think about it. anybody with a thumb can do it.

If he sleeps Conor he'll be the next big thing

Dana already said he would put a Mcgregor style push behind him because he wants to break open Asia. so people will cheer for him for no other reason than they're stupid and do what they're told to do. it doesn't hurt that he knocks people out cold either.

Who cares, all he needs is the Asian market, which is massive. Asians love baby faced korean bad ass.

Have you seen a Pacquiao fight? Most people that buy his PPV and live gate are Filipino-American. The same thing will happen if Korean Superboy becomes a champion. He will rally the Korean-American community in the USA.

I think his ceiling for popularity will be Rumble Johnson level popularity. He doesn't have a type A personality. He's not funny in that goofy foreign guy type of way like Ishihara, and he doesn't have a look that can sell.

If he becomes champ, of course, he'll be really popular, just by virtue of being a champ in thr UFC, but I dont see him breaking that barrier to get him in the 450-600k PPV buy territory. I think he'll get similar numbers to Aldo, maybe more, maybe less, but he'll hover around Aldo territory.

the guy who "does it for the bitches" has a better chance of getting over :D

If he's having a hard time getting over, obviously the writers need to give him a new gimmick. He could really benefit from a manager as well.

Back