Will Dana hurt them?

thobra

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Dana doesn't seem too fond of the MMAAA. That is natural, but he says some of the stuff GSP/Rebny say is a straingt out lie, like the percentage of fighter pay etc. Cerrone just appologized to Dana, and he seems to be out of the MMAAA now. He also said pay is good, and that he always was taken care of. We have always heard that a lot of the fighter pay is undisclosed, and done in "the lockerroom" after the fight.

We have examples from earlier that the Fertittas and Dana have made it difficult for fighters that werent with them, and punished guys that were against them.

What do you think the UFC will do to to get back at Cain, Kennedy, Dillashaw and GSP? Or will they do nothing?

tumblr_mtug6xpEdb1si9idzo1_400.gif

They will make back every dime the MMAAA costs them.

Well what could happen is that we could see the UFC making it hard for CAA fighters and all other competing promotion's fighters. With WME being the owners of the UFC and the competing agency, there is a MASSIVE conflict of interest. And by making it impossible on all other competing promotion's talent, the fighters would have to consider going to WME, so they would monopolize the agency aspect and get additional cuts from the checks they cut to the fighters. So shady. It's like an Obama Care level train wreck waiting to happen with the foxes guarding the hen house.

Cerrone shouldn't be part of the union anyway, the guy has always taken short notice fights for minimal money which is exactly the kind of thing the union will try to prevent. If the tattoo on his neck is real it is one of the most attention seeking things I have ever seen someone do to their own body as well. Hope Matt Brown pastes him.

Unions are bad for the sport.

If these MMA fighters are such good draws then why don't they promote themselves like boxers do?

Because the ufc has a monopoly on the fighters,and the fighters are paid so little they cant self promote.

Dana doesn't seem too fond of the MMAAA. That is natural, but he says some of the stuff GSP/Rebny say is a straingt out lie, like the percentage of fighter pay etc. Cerrone just appologized to Dana, and he seems to be out of the MMAAA now. He also said pay is good, and that he always was taken care of. We have always heard that a lot of the fighter pay is undisclosed, and done in "the lockerroom" after the fight.

We have examples from earlier that the Fertittas and Dana have made it difficult for fighters that werent with them, and punished guys that were against them.

What do you think the UFC will do to to get back at Cain, Kennedy, Dillashaw and GSP? Or will they do nothing?

None of them will sniff a title fight again

I think you are giving Dana to much credit. The decision what to do with MMAAA people will be done by the owners. Dana will only execute their will. I think they will go after those who are expendable ( like Kennedy) but they won't do nothing to Cain.

Last time Dana White was threatened he packed his bags, ran from his own gym and flew from Boston to Vegas - and never looked back.

Whitey Bulger essentially has this man extorted and evicted from his hometown.

If Dana stepped to Cerrone and company, he'd be confused, dazed and left looking like this:

mma_danawhite2_twitter.jpg

"I will cut him" - Dana

Last time Dana White was threatened he packed his bags, ran from his own gym and flew from Boston to Vegas - and never looked back.

If Dana stepped to Cerrone and company, he'd be confused, dazed and left looking like this:

Something tells me Dana was a bit more involved with those mobster than he claims in his story.

I think you are giving Dana to much credit. The decision what to do with MMAAA people will be done by the owners. Dana will only execute their will. I think they will go after those who are expendable ( like Kennedy) but they won't do nothing to Cain.
I agree with you that Dana doesn't make the decisions himself, and I don't think he did with the Fertittas either. But the point is that I think the owners through Dana will do something, and follow the same strategy as they did with the Fertittas. Most businesses would try to put a union out before they have the time to grow.

The guys in the "board" are not the most marketable fighters (except GSP, but he is not fighting anyway), andthey are not very active, so I think they will find some way to harm them to show everyone else what will happen if they try to make trouble.

I think unless you are in Dana's "Purple Circle" you are not making Jack from MMA...That is unless you are Conor McGregor....

Can't help but find the thread title kind of funny given TS' Charles Bronson AV.

Big fan of Bronson's movies, and if you go by the OP, it's as if Charlie is warning of a situation like the one featured in one of Bronson's better movies, "Mr. Majestyk". Dana White is the bad guy and he's coming after these poor watermelon farmers!
220px-Mr_Majestyk_movie_poster.jpg

Pussy.

What happened when the Japanese Yakuza threatened the great Seagull? (Trainer to Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, inventor of kicking).

Seagull beat the fuck out of them single-handily.

raw

tumblr_n6i8m0cfi11tdo66yo2_r2_400.gif

giphy.gif

Something tells me Dana was a bit more involved with those mobster than he claims in his story.
Agreed, probably was paying protection money, didn't quite follow what they wanted, and something probably escalated from it.

Back