Pick someone unorthodox that you think could win a UFC title for the first time or again.

HootyMcBoob

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'll go first. I think Hector Lombard 2.0 with improved cardio could make a run at the 185 lb strap.

Now you go.

ps you lose points if you say Conor at HW.

Shogun at 185. If it was 2010. I consider him so stupid for not trying 185. He would be an animal.
Fucking ego problems, just like CroCop and 205.

Overeem with Roy Nelson chin would be champion.

The ROLLIN GAWD RYAN HALL @DS7 @Soul On Ice @Arm Barbarian @Concurrent GOAT @mayorcrazyeyes

<{jackyeah}>

giphy.gif

Nikita Krylov, Cutelaba, and Cannonier are all kind of odd, but they are all capable of beating any LHW on any given day.

Jeremy Stephens can beat anyone in his weight class on any given day as well.

Ryan Hall is interesting.

Brandon Thatch has been sandbagging for 2-3 fights. He's just been lulling the rest of the WW division into a false sense of security before he pounces.

Kurt Angle in the early 2000s would have been a UFC champ.

Nikita Krylov, Cutelaba, and Cannonier are all kind of odd, but they are all capable of beating any LHW on any given day.

Jeremy Stephens can beat anyone in his weight class on any given day as well.

Ryan Hall is interesting.
Yeah, I'll go with Hall. He got ragged on around here but he looked phenomenal the other night in way of progress in a short time. I really think the fact that he has tourettes gives him super powers and the ability to make massive progress in short time. The only question with him was could he take down an elite wrestler and could he learn the stand up. He answered both questions the other night an his fight IQ was amazing.

He reminds me of Werdum. And a guy like Werdum maybe wouldn't have lost to Stipe if he did not fight like a retard. The old Werdum, the Hunt Werdum, the Cain Werdum didn't bull rush counter strikers with his head down. He was near impossible to finish as it was impossible to follow him to the mat. The only time Werdum got KO'd was when he rushed Junior and Stipe, was too in love with his hands above his bread and butter. Hall is like this but I think has a higher ceiling, even better grappling and better fight IQ....a guy like Chad may be a nightmare for him now but he can tap any FW, for sure.

If MM moves up, Tim Elliot could make some noise at 125.

Yeah, I'll go with Hall. He got ragged on around here but he looked phenomenal the other night in way of progress in a short time. I really think the fact that he has tourettes gives him super powers and the ability to make massive progress in short time. The only question with him was could he take down an elite wrestler and could he learn the stand up. He answered both questions the other night an his fight IQ was amazing.

He reminds me of Werdum. And a guy like Werdum maybe wouldn't have lost to Stipe if he did not fight like a retard. The old Werdum, the Hunt Werdum, the Cain Werdum didn't bull rush counter strikers with his head down. He was near impossible to finish as it was impossible to follow him to the mat. The only time Werdum got KO'd was when he rushed Junior and Stipe, was too in love with his hands above his bread and butter. Hall is like this but I think has a higher ceiling, even better grappling and better fight IQ....a guy like Chad may be a nightmare for him now but he can tap any FW, for sure.

Werdum fought like shit against Overeem in their first fight. Overeem's big muscles intimidated Werdum.

Danny Hodge in his prime could have beat any UFC fighter today LHW or lower.

Back