Why does Cerrone have to fight Brown?

Radebe88

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anyone know a reason behind this. Cerrone is 31-7 and has only lost to RDA in his last 13 fights. Matt Brown is 20-15 and has lost 4 of his last 5.....just seems to do nothing for Donald.

Doesn't really make a lot of sense, could be an amazing fight though.

Because Gastelum is fat

Because Just Fuckin' Bleed

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Maybe the UFC just wants to make a supposer Badass vs Bad Boy matchup

Because Gastelum is fat
Here's your answer. Was supposed to fight at 205 against Gastelum, fight got scrapped because of weight problems. Brown was available on short notice for 206 so that cowboys camp wouldn't go to waste, plus it's a notable opponent at 170.

Cerrone vs Lawler would have been nuts so I'm ok with Cerrone vs Brown.

It will be a war for sure, a short war if that.

Cerrone will continue to monster the WW division until he gets to the top.

Agree with TS....although it will be fun to watch and I'm a fan of both fighters, the match-up doesn't make a lot of sense. Regardless, I'm excited to watch this one.

Anyone know a reason behind this. Cerrone is 31-7 and has only lost to RDA in his last 13 fights. Matt Brown is 20-15 and has lost 4 of his last 5.....just seems to do nothing for Donald.

I think it does something like 175k for Donald.

Because Gastelum is fat
source.gif

Because it's a feather for cowboy in his hat.

Hopefully after Cerrone whoops him they will give him a top contender at WW. He's looked unstoppable ever since moving up.

Because Cerone doesn't give a fuck who he fights, and the UFC needed a good fight to fill the card...I don't think Cerone really thinks these things through, he just wants to fight.

These types of fights are always the riskiest for me. Similar feelings with Mousasi vs Hall 2.... mousasi deserved a top name and could have potential got caught again

Brown needs easy win

Pretty sure they have to fight each other because they voluntarily signed a contract to do so. Both of them like to punch people in the head for moneys. The UFC pays moneys to head punchers.

Cerrone vs Lawler would have been nuts so I'm ok with Cerrone vs Brown.

It will be a war for sure, a short war if that.

Cerrone will continue to monster the WW division until he gets to the top.
Cerrone at 70 is like the Cerrone at 55 but one that wouldn't make bone head decisions, doesn't start slow and one that can important fights. After savaging Rick Story (who is super legit), I was sold. It's crazy to think fighters will tax their body so much to gain advantage, and by doing so, hurt themselves much more. He is actually a big WW, and looks bigger than even a big WW like Brown. Cerrone is the new Rumble.

Back