So which one of Fedor's opponents in Pride was paid off to take the fall? Exactly.

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You can't prove it.

All you new and uneducated MMA fans keep diminishing his accomplishments in Pride (or any other great fighter from Pride) saying it was actors being paid off to take the fall time and time again. So which one of his fights were paid off? Exactly. Checkmate.

10 years undefeated in the heavyweight division. Fought the best of the best in Pride. Never beaten in Pride. How can you Sherdoggees deny his GOAT status?

Of course none.

Fedor is the GOAT.

None of them were and fedor is GOAT. And he didn't need steroids to do it

Who ever said that? Might be possible but can't think of one thread/post that stated that.

You can't prove it.

All you new and uneducated MMA fans keep diminishing his accomplishments in Pride (or any other great fighter from Pride) saying it was actors being paid off to take the fall time and time again. So which one of his fights were paid off? Exactly. Checkmate.

10 years undefeated in the heavyweight division. Fought the best of the best in Pride. Never beaten in Pride. How can you Sherdoggees deny his GOAT status?

while I don't think his opponents took a dive, the fact that pride organized fixed fights at all makes it much more likely that it would have happened for someone like fedor than for someone like anderson silva in the ufc.

also <3>for the obnoxious question followed by "exactly" bullshit you did in the title and the op.

I have never heard anyone say that. A lot of people say that 90% of the people he fought were terrible fighters...which might be sort of the same thing.

PRIDE hated that Fedor was the best Heavyweight on the roster and hated having to pay him as much as they did post-IBBY 2003. The idea that they would do him any real favours in terms of matching him with guys that would take dives is lunacy. Takada got that treatment, because he couldn't actually fight. Fedor never had the same problems.

while I don't think his opponents took a dive, the fact that pride organized fixed fights at all makes it much more likely that it would have happened for someone like fedor than for someone like anderson silva in the ufc.

also <3>for the obnoxious question followed by "exactly" bullshit you did in the title and the op.

Sure, but fixing in combat sports is a historical issue. Fedor doesn't have any matches were you look at them and think "hmm, that's fishy".

The more that comes out about the UFC anyways, the more it seems they weren't that different than PRIDE in how they operated (outside of the number of freakshow fights). UFC just wrapped it in a prettier package for a longer time.

They wanted Fedor to lose after he found out his manager was ripping him off.

Just watched Pride 1-16 this month, while some of the fights did looks fishy, none of Fedor's looked fixed

You can't prove it.

Which one of Brock Lesners opponents in WWE were paid off to take a dive against him? Exactly. If the company itself scripts outcomes then you don't have to pay someone off. Do you remember the scandal of Bob Sapp taking bribes to lose fights? Exactly. Bob is simply brought in for the sake of entertainment and not hurt the featured guy. Besides more of what people like myself say about Fedor was a can crusher. A lot of his opponents had no business in there much less needing to be paid to take a dive.

Randleman and Fedor practices that slam for months before their "fight". Pretty sure Fedor was wearing those stunt wires like Keanu had while filming the Matrix.

Sure, but fixing in combat sports is a historical issue. Fedor doesn't have any matches were you look at them and think "hmm, that's fishy".

The more that comes out about the UFC anyways, the more it seems they weren't that different than PRIDE in how they operated (outside of the number of freakshow fights). UFC just wrapped it in a prettier package for a longer time.

This post doesnt really address what I said. If an organization has had known fixed fights it makes the rest of their fights more suspect than an organization that has not been known to have any. Since fedor built up his reputation in pride, it is sometimes called into question based on this.

This post doesnt really address what I said. If an organization has had known fixed fights it makes the rest of their fights more suspect than an organization that has not been known to have any. Since fedor built up his reputation in pride, it is sometimes called into question based on this.

Sure. I'm just saying it shouldn't hold much weight when being compared to the UFC.

The UFC told Liddell not to wrestle in his first fight, despite him being a wrestler, or else they wouldn't give him a call again.

All of these orgs are shady. Fedor's career in PRIDE doesn't really have any instances that stand out.

If Nog and Cro Cop took a dive I hope whoever paid them is still paying them for all the head trauma Fedor inflicted on them.

Probably the professional wrestlers with no MMA record prior. Nagata for example had 2 pro fights one against Fedor one against Crocop. LOL

None of them were and fedor is GOAT. And he didn't need steroids to do it
Tbh he probs was on steroids, but they all were so doesnt take anything away from his career.

Back