2016 Newcomer of the Year?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Always interesting to see who could become Newcomer of the Year so I checked the possibilities. And I've to say not that many have gone undefeated in the UFC which is kind of surprising to me.

I looked for a 3-0 record in the UFC in 2016 and I found none!

So I checked 2-0 records with a scheduled bout in december and found three fighters and they're all fighting on the Sacramento card.

1 Mike Perry (170 / 9-0, all by KO)
2-0, 2 KO's, debut in august.

20160819054339_1DX_9181.JPG

2 Luis Henrique da Silva (205 / 12-0, 10 KO's and 2 Submissions)
2-0, 1 KO, 1 Submission, debut in june.

20160603053023_1DX_1132.JPG

3 Mickey Gall (170 / 3-0, 3 Submissions all by Rear-naked choke)
2-0, 2 Submissions, debut in february.

Mickey-Gall-vs.-Mike-Jackson.jpg

Notable mention:
Francis N'Gannou, made his debut in december of last year and is unfortunately out of contention despite a 3-0 (3 KO's) win streak in the UFC.

Matt Riddle.

He has taken to pro wrestling like fish take to water.

There is enough of a MMA connection to give him this award. He has been a better newcomer to wrestling than anyone has been to the UFC.

Matt Riddle.

He has taken to pro wrestling like fish take to water.

There is enough of a MMA connection to give him this award. He has been a better newcomer to wrestling than anyone has been to the UFC.
Who da fook is that guy?

No love for Mickey "The Sea" Gall m8s?????

ImpossibleAllCassowary.gif
It took him longer to finish reporter Mike Jackson than CM Punk the show wrestler. Hopefully Sage finishes him which will take Gall out of contention.

ngannou hits like a plane
gall had the balls to fight punk and destroyed him at his own game

He lost, being exciting isn't enough these days.
He fought a better fighter than any other newcomer in 2016, one could argue that he showed more upside in his loss than any of those guys in their wins.

Back