WME owns Zuffa and IMG but they are run a subsidaries not mergers

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
WME, with its head quarters in Beverly hills, is this majority owner of both Zuffa and IMG. Zuffa is obv based in Nevada while IMG is headquarted out of New York City. Many expected many synergies between UFC, IMG and WME. This means i think we will only see lots of synergies with the largest starts(aka conor and ronda) while normal UFC fighters are going to be left out to dry.

This is entertainment, if you want a legit sport you should watch Football or F1

wasnt Zuffa just the partnership between the Fertitas and Dana? so didnt WME just buy out zuffa when purchasing the UFC?

in other words, does Zuffa still exist? Im not sure it does

WME, with its head quarters in Beverly hills, is this majority owner of both Zuffa and IMG. Zuffa is obv based in Nevada while IMG is headquarted out of New York City. Many expected many synergies between UFC, IMG and WME. This means i think we will only see lots of synergies with the largest starts(aka conor and ronda) while normal UFC fighters are going to be left out to dry.

Define normal?
Define left out to dry?

wasnt Zuffa just the partnership between the Fertitas and Dana? so didnt WME just buy out zuffa when purchasing the UFC?

I wonder if the Fertita's have ANY skin still in the game?

Who wouldn't want some on a good investment?

Oh I forgot, UFC is dying!

They didn't sell Zuffa, they sold the UFC. Zuffa, the parent company of the UFC sold their majority stake of the UFC to the new owners. There is also another company that owns 10% of it still. I'm not really sure if Dana sold his 9% or not.

Did you read a few paragraphs in an article about the sale and cherry pick parts of a few sentences to make that post? I'm willing to bet you did just that.

They can't even afford a decent name after borrow billions to buy the UFC.

Shit company run by faceless suits, no even knows who's they're dealing with.

Last edited:

Did you make this thread as an means just to use the word synergy?

It's not always accurate, but Wikipedia is a good source for information sometimes. Like maybe this time. Just sayin'.

On the bottom of UFC.com it still says copyright Zuffa LLC.

WME are Zuffa zombies now

Did you make this thread as an means just to use the word synergy?

It's not always accurate, but Wikipedia is a good source for information sometimes. Like maybe this time. Just sayin'.

nah ari said there are lots of synergies and complimentary business units as well as redundancies that can make the WME|IMG|UFC succeed but they are all in different business units and tax structures. this makes it very hard to implement their plan especially with the conflict of interest WME agent's have negotiation contracts with UFC fighters.

Back