Conor, Fedor, Superheroes and Donald Bradman

Reason

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I know that many big Fedor fans can't stand McGregor. The ones that loved him for his stoic demeanour and aura of invincibility while appearing like he was always just on his way to a relaxing day at the sauna, which is diametrically opposed to Conor's aura in that respect.

With that being said, it can't be ignored that they have hordes of fans in common. I've been accused of being someone who dreams of the impossible and the fantastic, that wants to believe in superheroes and myths of days gone by. Someone who ignores facts and blinds myself to reality in favour of the esoteric and incredible.

I refute that point. Fuck superheroes and nonsense. I just love it when every now and then, maybe once in a generation or so, someone stands head and shoulders above the rest. They achieve feats previously thought impossible and do it while the rest of the pack stands and watches with awe or envy. That is why I think they have so many fans in common.

The detractors are the opposite. The tall poppy choppers, the conceited and downtrodden, the excuse makers and pessimists. They want to believe that these feats are not real and find any reason they can to convince themselves of it.

Here is the best sporting example ever.

Donald Bradman averaged 99.94 runs per innings and in a sport that has been competed in and recorded since the 18th century. No one else has managed to average more than 61. Number 2-100 sit between 54 and 61, however both then, and now, people seek to deny the facts and place someone else above him for reasons that boggle the mind. No sportsman has ever stood above the rest like Sir Donald. Not Gretsky or Jordan or Ruth or anyone else.

I wish that the detractors and the non-believers could just let go and embrace these anomalies and enjoy being a part of it. They are incredibly rare and should be admired and respected. Let them cleanse the bitterness from deep within your bum souls.

Tl;dr - Bradman is almost twice as good as the next best guy in 200 years of competition yet some people are so bitter that they can't proclaim him GOAT. Don't be that guy, embrace the incredible and be thankful for being a part of it.

Fedor dominated for around 7 years and defeated all his main contenders, never avoided an opponent or cherry picked for money. He was also always humble and respected for his sporting accolades. Conor is a rising star with great feats and much talent. He is however justly accused of picking fights, being arrogant and despite being LW champion has only had the one fight in the division (GSP lost to Serra and Lesnar won the HW title).
I am a big Fedor fan and very much dislike Conor, truth be told. I would like Conor to fight his main contenders such as Khabib, Ferguson or an Aldo rematch. He could very well win them all and I wont like him, but ill gain more respect for his feats. Conor is very good! Not Fedor yet...

LMAO at comparing Conor to Fedor. Conor's not even in the top 5

You had recurring wet dreams of Mc fart.

Conor is the Bradman of MMA.

Comparing him to Anderson, Jones, Fedor, Penn, and co is completely disrespectful to what Conor has achieved and what he will continue to do.

Wow did you ever lose me with this one. I don't like Conor and his fear of defending a title, don't really care that much about Fedor's wins over delivery truck drivers, carpet cleaners and elementary school students and I definitely don't care about cricket.

Fedor dominated for around 7 years and defeated all his main contenders, never avoided an opponent or cherry picked for money. He was also always humble and respected for his sporting accolades. Conor is a rising star with great feats and much talent. He is however justly accused of picking fights, being arrogant and despite being LW champion has only had the one fight in the division (GSP lost to Serra and Lesnar won the HW title).
I am a big Fedor fan and very much dislike Conor, truth be told. I would like Conor to fight his main contenders such as Khabib, Ferguson or an Aldo rematch. He could very well win them all and I wont like him, but ill gain more respect for his feats. Conor is very good! Not Fedor yet...
Totally understand your point of view and I'm not comparing them in total accomplishments but just that they are/were "tall poppies" that the haters go out of their way to chop down.

Wow did you ever lose me with this one. I don't like Conor and his fear of defending a title, don't really care that much about Fedor's wins over delivery truck drivers, carpet cleaners and elementary school students and I definitely don't care about cricket.
All good bro..
4417899-conor+mcgregor+haters+gonna+hate.gif

Totally understand your point of view and I'm not comparing them in total accomplishments but just that they are/were "tall poppies" that the haters go out of their way to chop down.
Got ya. Conor is now in the center of attention (by his own willing) therefore scrutiny is much higher. Its up to us, the fans, to demand that the best fighters fight the best and at the end of their careers call the great or not. He is very talented and has the potential to end up as "Great", i just hope he fights his challengers, as winning against Diaz or fighting Mayweather are not major accomplishments.
Yes Diaz is good, but not a major contender.

you understand most people dislike mcgregor due to his personality and idiot fans, right. I'm sure there's a lot of envy people in the mix as with every celebrity, but Conor plays a douchebag character and that's why people hate him. I'm pretty sure most mcgregor haters recognise and admire greatness in other fighters, which would contradict your argument pretty heavily.

Seriously Bradman was a bum, the competition of cricket back then was amateur at best. If he played now Stuart Broad or Ashwin would bowl him out so fast it would make his head spin.

you understand most people dislike mcgregor due to his personality and idiot fans, right. I'm sure there's a lot of envy people in the mix as with every celebrity, but Conor plays a douchebag character and that's why people hate him. I'm pretty sure most mcgregor haters recognise and admire greatness in other fighters, which would contradict your argument pretty heavily.
That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. Excuse me while I go off and engage in idiotic activities.

Seriously Bradman was a bum, the competition of cricket back then was amateur at best. If he played now Stuart Broad or Ashwin would bowl him out so fast it would make his head spin.
Case in point. So why couldn't anyone else in his era average more than half what he did? Bowling and batting evolves. The bats are twice the size and the pitches are twice as true.

Bradman was a legend, blows away that manlet Sachin outta the water.
I like Mcgregor, I grew up watching WWE and I lol at his gimmick, I appreciate entertainment and of course, his fighting style is amazing too. Is he best ever yet? No. Is he special? Damn right.

Let's not forget Sir Viv if we're throwing out cricket references.

Also, I've never seen anyone placing ANYONE over Bradman, except for retarded indians who worship Sachin despite not knowing how cricket works.

Tl;dr - Bradman is almost twice as good as the next best guy in 200 years of competition yet some people are so bitter that they can't proclaim him GOAT. Don't be that guy, embrace the incredible and be thankful for being a part of it.

Come off it. Bradman is always top of any greatest cricketers of all time lists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back