Do YOU agree with this comment?

Kobra420

Sweep The Leg.
@Black
Reaction score
It does not really matter who said this, what matters is the content :

"The UFC has been a mess for a while now. It embarrassed featherweight and now embarrasses Lightweight. Khabib signed two contracts to fight for the title and still hasn't fought (for the title). We also have Damien Maia waiting at Welterweight and Jacare is waiting even longer at Middleweight.

Do things like "Rankings", "Contenders", and " Title Defenses", really matter anymore? How about Champions holding up Div's trying to protect their belts? And do these things not mattering these days, take away such things as "Integrity", and "Legitimacy" for the UFC?

What do you guys think? Is the UFC's actions harming their product, or, are the "special fights" worth the outcome?

I value your opinions on this, thanks guys.

yes they matter.

but yes, it's getting tedious that #1 v #2 (or #3 if the # 2 is a rematch) bouts are happening less and less.

Sometimes i try to defend what's fair and what should be done, but then i get too emotional so after that i get into the 'i don't give a shit, fuck legitimacy, just let them entertain me, who cares about those F-level athletes'. Then i like myself.

Some fair points being made, but it sounds like there's a lot of bitterness towards Conor without mentioning his name.

As for Khabib, he was used by the UFC. I don't like Khabib at all and I'm glad they made the Alvarez vs McGregor fight instead, but that was a dirty way to treat Khabib and he has a legitimate gripe there.

"The UFC has been a mess for a while now. It embarrassed featherweight and now embarrasses Lightweight. Khabib signed two contracts to fight for the title and still hasn't fought (for the title). We also have Damien Maia waiting at Welterweight and Jacare is waiting even longer at Middleweight.

Do things like "Rankings", "Contenders", and " Title Defenses", really matter anymore? How about Champions holding up Div's trying to protect their belts? And do these things not mattering these days, take away such things as "Integrity", and "Legitimacy" for the UFC?

What do you guys think? Is the UFC's actions harming their product, or, are the "special fights" worth the outcome?

Jacare comes off a loss tho.

Aldo said this
Yes he did....That's why I asked what others thought of the content. I was trying to get an unbiased opinion on this subject, and I know ALL Conor fans will use this as an excuse to not look at it subjectively. This is not about Conor, this is about the way the UFC is operating these days, and the future of the Company.

DiazGSPStandoff.jpg

27_UFC68WeighinsSylviaCouture.jpg

2qsbbqg.jpg

Chael-Sonnen-and-Jon-Jones.jpg

gsp-penn.jpg

The UFC are doing what they've been doing for years.
The most profitable fight will always be made above the ones that make the most sense ranking wise (to a degree).

but yes, it's getting tedious that #1 v #2 (or #3 if the # 2 is a rematch) bouts are happening less and less.
this all day. honestly just about done with the ufc these days because of this.

Some fair points being made, but it sounds like there's a lot of bitterness towards Conor without mentioning his name.

As for Khabib, he was used by the UFC. I don't like Khabib at all and I'm glad they made the Alvarez vs McGregor fight instead, but that was a dirty way to treat Khabib and he has a legitimate gripe there.

My bitterness is towards Dana White and the UFC....No, I don't like Conor, but this is about the way things are working. Conor, would not be able to do things that aggravate some of us, if Dana White and the UFC did not let him do it. This is all on them.

Does Aldo know Jacare lost to Romero, or was that fight on the same night he got slept?

DiazGSPStandoff.jpg

27_UFC68WeighinsSylviaCouture.jpg

2qsbbqg.jpg

Chael-Sonnen-and-Jon-Jones.jpg

gsp-penn.jpg

The UFC are doing what they've been doing for years.
The most profitable fight will always be made above the ones that make the most sense ranking wise (to a degree).

I see the point you are making, but the crap that has happened lately is a little different.

Quote obviously comes from a Brazilian. I agree with the idea but not with the examples. Jacare isn't next in line and Maia was not ahead of Wonderboy. That was shitty of them to send Khabib fake contracts, and they have screwed over deserving contenders for money fights at LW, MW, and log jammed FW. I don't know how people can take the belts seriously anymore.

Gimme a break. The dude is taking a few months off after being more active than any other champion and they took one of his belts already to give it to salty Aldo.

Quote obviously comes from a Brazilian. I agree with the idea but not with the examples. Jacare isn't next in line and Maia was not ahead of Wonderboy. That was shitty of them to send Khabib fake contracts, and they have screwed over deserving contenders for money fights at LW, MW, and log jammed FW. I don't know how people can take the belts seriously anymore.

Fair enough....I should have maybe looked for other examples of fighters, like Tony perhaps.

Gimme a break. The dude is taking a few months off after being more active than any other champion and they took one of his belts already to give it to salty Aldo.
He was only active in going for title fights, not defending. So there is that.......

zJ45D_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Wait? When did I write this ^^^^ ? Sure sounds like a post I would make or have made I agree with all this ^^^^ that ghost me wrote....

It's always been a bit silly as far as rankings go, especially if one of their money makers are involved. I agree with the statement.

Not giving one of the greatest pfp fighters in the world, g.o.a.t FW that didn't lose a fight in a decade a rematch was criminal. Got to protect that 13 seconds I guess.

Back