Anderson Silva & Mirko Cro Cop- who would win this bout?

BloodyPoptart

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I understand that the bout isn't scheduled or contractually possible as of RIGHT NOW, but it wouldn't be impossible in the foreseeable future. Both fighters have commented on each others prowess and both have been talked about as some of the greatest artists of all time.

Both and legendary- even an old man bout would be insane to watch and could gross serious income.

I want to say Cro Cop could pull it out, but goddamn. They're both legends

Anderson Silva's chin is gone.

Not a good idea to face an HW.

Prime Silva (let's say the 205lbs Silva that fought Griffin)
I might pick him Vs the Cro Cop of today.

Prime Vs Prime, Cro Cop for me.

I understand that the bout isn't scheduled or contractually possible as of RIGHT NOW, but it wouldn't be impossible in the foreseeable future. Both fighters have commented on each others prowess and both have been talked about as some of the greatest artists of all time.

Both and legendary- even an old man bout would be insane to watch and could gross serious income.

I want to say Cro Cop could pull it out, but goddamn. They're both legends
Both in their primes?

Silva via KO

With or without steroids, CroCop kicks Silva's head into the rafters.

Prime vs Prime, I can already see it. Mirko gets the vitor treatment, he's a good striker...but a standard striker. He'd be frozen by Anderson elusiveness and get put out with a sharp shot.

Prime Silva wins by slick KO. Right now, OTOH, Silva loses ugly. Not big enough with current chin and he's not as quick.

seriously ? That like Bernard hopkins vs mike tyson. Cro cop would break andersons legs and ragdoll him at will. No chance for Andy !

Prime Mirko would bludgeon the best version of Anderson.

Prime vs Prime, I can already see it. Mirko gets the vitor treatment, he's a good striker...but a standard striker. He'd be frozen by Anderson elusiveness and get put out with a sharp shot.

negative. cro cop has problems with guys who are super aggressive and push the pace. guys who let cro cop be the aggressor get destroyed. there is also a huge strength difference between the two.

Half the people hear never heard of this thing called weight classes. Does not end well for Silva prime-for-prime but why the hell should it when he is a MW??

These threads are depressing though. Just highlights both these guys are no longer in the sport. Remember when we used to talk about fights that COULD BE rather than fantasy fights that COULD HAVE BEEN? The only exciting "could be" fights now is "will Conor defend a belt?" Blah.

Now: Toss up, but I'd lean toward Cro Cop

Prime: Cro Cop

Prime CC KO's him with ease.

To me, the answer is pretty obvious: CroCop was an elite K1 fighter, with KO power and good combination. He put a boxing clinic on Bonjaski and Knock down Hunt. Also, even if he's considered as a small HW, he is much heavier and stronger than Silva.

On the ground, if Mark Coleman, Yoshida and Barnett could not put CroCop on the ground, I doubt that Silva could.

Don't get me wrong: Silva is a magnificent fighter with beautiful muay thai but the size diference is just to big.

Hard to know because Cro Cop was only good in Pride, where is veins pulsated with special sauce. During their mutual time in the UFC, it is a tough call. Mirko is the larger man, but his striking style is very orthodox, something easier to train for. Silva would actually have a 4.5" reach advantage, which is an interesting variable considering the difference in weight class. I'd put money on Silva in the UFC octagon and on Mirko in the Pride ring.

Crocop would kill Anderson by accident.

Back