*Tim Kennedy Vs Kelvin Gastelum: Who gets it and how?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Assuming Gastelum makes weight...is really a long layoff Tim Kennedy a heavy favorite as bookers seem to believe?

Is Kennedy that good?

Is this fight going to a decisión?

We haven't seen Gastelum fight the best 185 lb fighters like we have seen Tim. That is my assumption of why he is such a huge favorite.

I think it will be a tough fight but I'll favor Tim.

Tim nearly (and some would say rightfully should have) beat Yoel Romero, who is likely the next champ, so.....

Last edited:
Kennedy via whatever he want. Kennedy strong bro...

Assuming Gastelum makes weight...is really a long layoff Tim Kennedy a heavy favorite as bookers seem to believe?

Is Kennedy that good?

Yes Kennedy is that good
The line is a little off, but Kennedy is an elite MW - He beat Bisping's ass. Like beat him down. He lost to Romero, but I expect everyone at MW might, but he nearly finished that fight in the second. He fought to close losses against Jacare and Rockhold in strikeforce, that he was perhaps a big moment in either fight away from winning

Tim Kennedy is actually a great fighter. If he was more active he'd be in legitimate title contention.

Gastelum underwhelms at times, and is flawed - but young. I expect Kennedy to dominate, but Gastelum could show improvements and win. Should be good

Kennedy by grindy 30-27

My guess is Kennedy knocks him loopy and picks up an opportunistic sub.

Kelvin is a very good fighter but he's got uphill work against TK.

Tim better stop this dude. I got Tim via mma karma.

Romero fight aside i can't remember the last time i saw Tim fight i legit forgot how good he is/was

Romero fight aside i can't remember the last time i saw Tim fight i legit forgot how good he is/was

That was his last fight, but he's as legit as they come. He would be top 5 if he were more active. Hell he destroyed Roger Gracie on the ground.

Is Kennedy that good?

Well you covered my major concern of Gassy. While I think he probably misses weight in the MW division, if he somehow can take this fight seriously (like he has NEVER done in a UFC fight to date) then Kennedy ends the Blobs UFC stint!

He will be CLEARLY EXPOSED as a FLUKE winner of TUF, and an inferior skilled MMA fighter than is standard for the UFC. He will be right sized, and at best spend the rest of his career missing weight by obscene amount in some but fudge level MMA organization where he belongs!

Kevin Gastropub wilts under the greatest American hero's pressure.

At the risk of eating crow, there's essentially zero chance Gastelum doesn't make weight here. He's pudgy at 185. That said, Kennedy is a pretty tough dude. I think he keeps it standing and wins pretty handily.

Kennedy wins round 1. Gastelleum wins next 2.

29-28 Gastelleum

Tim nearly (and some would say rightfully should have) beat Yoel Romero, who is likely the next champ, so.....

Yep. He also went the distance with Jacare and Rockhold and beat the current "champ" Bisping and recent WW champ Lawler. He's a very solid fighter. He even took down Roger Gracie and willingly grappled with him...so I seriously doubt he'll get submitted. The biggest questions are his layoff (over 2 years) and age (he's now 37). But I still think he'll win.

Back