What is the UFC's Obsession With Having Women Headline Fox Cards?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
It seems like an absolute disgrace. The UFC's trip to FOX every couple of months is a massive opportunity to show big fights to a very large audience. You never see WNBA games or women's soccer on a big network during primetime hours. Why is it that the UFC chooses to have WMMA headline multiple FOX cards? It's terrible for making casuals interested in the sport.

All the money from FOX is already either paid or non-negotiable, they have no incentive to put blockbuster fights on there.

It might be Fox asking for it.

UFC is straying from it's roots. Eventually it'll just be a big circus like WWE.

BRACE-YOURSELVES-THE-bqkfru.jpg

Maybe they think that if people are forced to watch that crap, they'll be tricked into liking it.

Because the UFC is great at giving the people what nobody wants.

I think Dana said that something like 60% of UFC fans were women, so we just have to trust that he's pandering to the majority demographic.

Fox is banking on PVZ's residual popularity from DWTS. They matched her with another "hot" MMA chick in Waterson to get views. I mean, its not a horrible fight as both can be contenders at 115; but, its def not a headliner by any means.

Just viewing figures, Holm Shevchenko was the highest in three years, peaking at 4.7 million.

It seems like an absolute disgrace. The UFC's trip to FOX every couple of months is a massive opportunity to show big fights to a very large audience. You never see WNBA games or women's soccer on a big network during primetime hours. Why is it that the UFC chooses to have WMMA headline multiple FOX cards? It's terrible for making casuals interested in the sport.

I don't know maybe you should shoot the UFC your resume so you can properly steer the company because you're an expert.

Scratch that. Sorry for being a dick.

Trolling because everyone knows Fox viewers hate women?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back