How do you see a fight between Edson Barboza and Nate Diaz?

FranOlivetto

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
10_1200_800257218798156821477164111.5417.jpg

For Nate post fight:

Aaram%20Commode%20Wheelchair%20Folding.jpg

Seriously bro, his legs would be sliced into Chinese shredded beef.

I see sore legs.

I'd back Nate though

Turrrible match-up for Nate.

One legged Nate eventually tags Edson's glass chin and puts him away

Ranking wise this fight would make sense. The thing is, Barboza could claim a title shot after beating him, like everyone that beats Diaz at LW does, and the UFC doesn't want another LW that could trouble Conor in the title picture.

I think it would be a very disputed fight. I get that most think Barboza would just leg kick Nate do death, which i agree, but leg kicking also leaves fighters exposed and Barboza's chin is very...unreliable...i could see Nate surprisingly hurting him and maybe even getting a finish, while limping. Either that or Barboza SD/UD.

Awful match up for Nate, leg kicked into bolivian and reduced to limping after Barboza but not having the mobility to ever trap him. Nate has awful TDs so fight would stay standing. If Conor can chew up Nate's leg then Barboza mauls it.

Very bad matchup for Nate. His legs would get chopped.

Interesting fight. Nate's leg would likely be mince meat but Barboza doesn't like pressure punchers either. Possibly see it going the same way as Nate vs Cerrone except his leg would end up like Faber's in the process OR Nate's leg just plain gets fucked before he has a chance to give Barboza the hands.

Would actually quite like to see that one though.

Barboza destroys him. Would watch tho.

Barboza, while unreliable against pressure, has been beating good guys lately, and has very good kicks and decent boxing too, plus packs good power.
Another thing against Diaz here is his lack of power.

So Barboza by clear UD.
Fight isn't going to happen though

Similar to the Cerrone fight, legs chopped but if he can back Barboza up he could win a decision.

Ranking wise this fight would make sense. The thing is, Barboza could claim a title shot after beating him, like everyone that beats Diaz at LW does, and the UFC doesn't want another LW that could trouble Conor in the title picture.

I think it would be a very disputed fight. I get that most think Barboza would just leg kick Nate do death, which i agree, but leg kicking also leaves fighters exposed and Barboza's chin is very...unreliable...i could see Nate surprisingly hurting him and maybe even getting a finish, while limping. Either that or Barboza SD/UD.
Against some fighters that could be an issue, but Nate is so sideways he has no counter for the leg kick. If you're a high level leg kicker, you can literally kick that shit over and over and over and over and he has no counter or answer for it. He never countered RDA's kick with a decent cross. Conor's leg kick is far slower and weaker than Edson's but he got an insane amount of free, unanswered kicks because every leg kick knocks Nate off balance due to his stance.

If you look at all of Nate's fights, he tags people who are boxing centered or pretend to be boxing centered (Donald), but he is not impressive when someone has a kick heavy gameplan. Its almost like he's constantly surprised he's being kicked.

Back