"My coaches told me Stipe tapped. Rogan put me on the spot." - Overeem

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Joe Rogan put me on the spot,” Overeem said on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour. “My coaches were the ones that addressed the issue with me, they were like ‘Alistair, he tapped,’ and I told them ‘listen guys, are you actually 100 percent sure, and they told me we’re 100 percent sure, that’s why I picked it up, because of them. Rogan jumped up on it, and I saw he was like ‘I got you.’ He had me on that one, but it’s all good.”

“We came very close in the guillotine, he did an excellent job escaping guillotine and pressing that fight after that,” Overeem said. “The other thing was, it was over so quick I didn’t really have any damages. Two right shots, right on the jaw. He has a great right hand. It was already over. I was not gassed, I wasn’t tired, I didn’t have any damage. So kudos to Stipe Miocic, he’s a champion for a reason, he’s very strong very accurate, like I said before, and he took me out.”

zg9ckl0.gif

“I always look ahead,” Overeem said. “Because if you keep worrying about the past and about what, that just makes you an unhappy guy and I choose to be a happy guy, you gotta look at it, you gotta think about positive things, you gotta create positive things and do positive things, so that’s basically what I’ve been up to lately.”

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...fc-203-interview-joe-rogan-put-me-on-the-spot

Fair points by Overeem. Even I thought for a split second that Stipe had/was going to tap. In his hazy post-KO memory, he probably did think there was a tap. Either way, Overeem is one of my favorites and I wish him a good recovery and hopefully another title shot one day.

Didn't Stipe think he got knocked down by a kick when he got dropped with a punch? I wouldn't trust him.

very classy. I like mature reem. But he's always been a deceptively nice guy.

To be fair to overeem he had just had his head beaten into the canvas, he probably wasn't thinking straight

Fuck the people on here that don't even read before posting,

I always enjoy Reems interviews because he is always interesting, but I disagree about Rogan, who only asked twice and seemed interested in giving Rerm a chance to explain himself.

He was asked a question about why he thought there was a tap. What the fuck do you want him to say?

Yea I don't get the post saying "let it go". He has let it go and is making it very clear that he no longer think Stipe tapped he just thought it happened because of what his coaches told him. All very reasonable.

Yea I don't get the post saying "let it go". He has let it go and is making it very clear that he no longer think Stipe tapped he just thought it happened because of what his coaches told him. All very reasonable.
Most sherdoggers only read the first 2 sentences and then try to fill in the rest using their tiny brains.

GSP tapping against Hendricks that's for sure.

Back