Oleg Taktarov at 28

Glove

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In this fight we have one of the "toughest: competitors in MMA history, Oleg Taktarov. Oleg Taktarov is a Russian Master of sport in Sambo and holds a black belt in Judo & Jiu Jitsu. A 4 time Asian and European World Jiu Jitsu Champion as well. He faces Marco Ruas here in World Vale Tudo Championships 2 in Brazil held in the year 1995. Before this Oleg would have a short but successful UFC career, winning the UFC 6 tournament by beating UFC legend Tank Abbott in Colorado where both men had to be assisted out due to exhaustion. He also holds the distinction of having the fastest submission win in UFC history beating Anthony Macias in 9 seconds at UFC 6. Also, Oleg Taktarov has had one of the best resumes in Hollywood out of the Mixed Martial Arts world.

Oleg was a beast.

One of my favourites from the early days.

And I don't care what anyone says....I liked him in Predators.

First time I hear about this guy
17b5c315678430c21bf80819f84cf4b7764bd2bcf9f80e56a17e796ad88221e4.jpg

anyways here is a cool pic of Oleg with a very young Vitor and Ricardo Liborio.

gracies2.gif

Last edited:
He's actually a pretty decent character actor now......it was a shame he cut his ufc career short.

I became a fan of MMA watching Oleg fighting. I remember one of his fights when he was on his back and don´t remember who was inside his guard, and he was fighting with eyes closed, just feeling his opponent's movements. I thought that was Yoda as fuck.
Oleg was a tough mofo, an amazing fighter and later even performed in several films. As far as I can remember, was the first top sambo fighter in ufc

Hey that is one of my all time favorite films no less, Last of the Mohicains.

Lol… aright, Glove, I’ll leave you alone… truth is, anyone w/ any real knowledge of MMA is scarce on the forums… glad, you’re trying to educate these fools w/ ol’ fight vids… I’ll go troll elsewhere… Kudos, Homie…

Also, that movie is dope as F…

I liked him in 15 Minutes....good flic.
The Macias 9 second sub was a work according to Macias BTW...

In this fight we have one of the "toughest: competitors in MMA history, Oleg Taktarov. Oleg Taktarov is a Russian Master of sport in Sambo and holds a black belt in Judo & Jiu Jitsu. A 4 time Asian and European World Jiu Jitsu Champion as well. He faces Marco Ruas here in World Vale Tudo Championships 2 in Brazil held in the year 1995. Before this Oleg would have a short but successful UFC career, winning the UFC 6 tournament by beating UFC legend Tank Abbott in Colorado where both men had to be assisted out due to exhaustion. He also holds the distinction of having the fastest submission win in UFC history beating Anthony Macias in 9 seconds at UFC 6. Also, Oleg Taktarov has had one of the best resumes in Hollywood out of the Mixed Martial Arts world.

Oleg Taktarov is a stud, and one of those guys that I would never want to fight, even now.

Still can't believe he got KO'd flat by skinny ass Renzo Gracie!

Oleg Taktarov is a stud, and one of those guys that I would never want to fight, even now.

Still can't believe he got KO'd flat by skinny ass Renzo Gracie!

He simply got caught by a foot strike ioff guard, he should have been more careful. Its a devastating knockout too, afterwards he would even complain he wasnt even stunned and still wanted to fight on.

12996_o.gif

Oleg took some serious beatings back in the day. When he fought Shamrock, he left the cage deformed. When he fought Tank, he needed oxygen. No doubt those fights shaved some years off his life.

Oleg took some serious beatings back in the day. When he fought Shamrock, he left the cage deformed. When he fought Tank, he needed oxygen. No doubt those fights shaved some years off his life.
I remember Tank fish hooking the shit out of Oleg. I though his cheek might rip open at any point. The sport was savage back in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back