Worst moments of fighters looking at the ref to stop the fight

HendricksPunch

Quick jab by Hendricks
@Blue
Reaction score
First thing let me say, I fuckin HATE this with a passion! It's 1 thing if the fighter does it out of mercy, like Matt Brown against Pete Sell, but then there's guys like Barao & RDA who will take a quick peek at the ref to remind them to stop their vicious attack of arm punches. A guy in Bellator last weekend did this too. Any others?

They do it to get a bullshit early stoppage. I can't stand it either.

First thing let me say, I fuckin HATE this with a passion! It's 1 thing if the fighter does it out of mercy, like Matt Brown against Pete Sell, but then there's guys like Barao & RDA who will take a quick peek at the ref to remind them to stop their vicious attack of arm punches. A guy in Bellator last weekend did this too. Any others?
TartFarawayCranefly.gif

Nate diaz vs conor 1 Nate was looking at the reff to stop the fight the entire time until conor gassed and had to shoot in.

for context heres a moment where the fighter doesn't give a f*** about looking at the ref and beats munoz into a living death
n5g5s7.gif

I agree with you and Barao over Faber was suspect but at the same time Faber stayed in one position letting himself get hit. I just watched it Faber/Barao 2 again, Faber got wobbled, dropped down for a TD and was stuffed and then took 15 shots without doing much. Only a few looked significant but at the same time if they were not bad why didn't he try and escape? My guess is he was somewhat dazed and trying to get out would have exposed himself even more.

Big Faber fan btw.

Wtf was goin on with wideman there ,just beating unaware munoz like that

You guys are all pussys. GET OVER IT. If you don't like it then I wanna see your UFC fights

You guys are all pussys. GET OVER IT. If you don't like it then I wanna see your UFC fights

what? You're on an MMA discussion forum. You don't want us to discuss aspects of MMA. What the fuck man.

Anderson silva kept looking at the ref to stop the fight when getting his ass beat by Chael.

Also not exactly the same thing but Conor kept looking at the ref to get a stand up when getting his ass beat by Mendes.

Gomi vs nick ain't even close. That was pride though. Nicks eye was fked up bad gomi kept looking at the ref. Gomi went to the bar that night Diaz went to hospital. Someone should post a pic of Diaz after that fight. It's out there.2

Anderson silva kept looking at the ref to stop the fight when getting his ass beat by Chael.

Also not exactly the same thing but Conor kept looking at the ref to get a stand up when getting his ass beat by Mendes.

He was looking to the ref because Mendes was gouging his eye and cut.

I don't know about worse, but Trujillo asking for help when Khabib kept taking him down to the mat.

I can't think of any other examples but you have the best username/text/avatar on Sherdog. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

I can't think of any other examples but you have the best username/text/avatar on Sherdog. Makes me laugh every time I see it.
Thanks. Used to be a big Hendricks fan until he became entitled, made excuses, and complained about everything. I made good use of the username :)

Also anyone know any fighters who looked at the ref out of concern, like a fighter holding a RNC for 3 minutes, and being like "Ref, stop the fight. WTF".

Baroni vs Tanner 1 . Baroni looks at the ref and says "stop stop", and then the ref stops it and he goes mad and starts punching the ref. But look before and you see see he clearly looks at the ref Larry Landless and it saying stop. I never noticed it live, good thing for fightpass

Baroni vs Tanner 1 . Baroni looks at the ref and says "stop stop", and then the ref stops it and he goes mad and starts punching the ref. But look before and you see see he clearly looks at the ref Larry Landless and it saying stop. I never noticed it live, good thing for fightpass

I always thought he said "don't stop"

Back