For those that say Fedor was a can crusher :

dontlaugh

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So PRIDE "cans" were all fucking awesome, look what they're capable of doing :

kevin_randleman_suplex.gif

Tell me a UFC fighter that would take one of those and survive ?

Fedor-Fujita-1.gif

Yeah, wild sloppy swings are useless, technique has to be flashy right ? fuck that, Fujita almost blasted Fedor's head out the planet.

This "can crusher" thing is bullshit. It's MMA, everything can happen, any "can" can get the upset in their lucky night. Those were some of the best HW's at the time.

What Fedor gets credit for is : keeping a long ass winning streak against the BEST of his era AND a lot of tough fighters, he did some freakshows, but using these fights to pretend his opponents were not good, or at least posed a threat to him...bullshit.

Is like me hating Conor and having to say Aldo, Mendes and Alvarez are all cans. Even if in 20 years better Featherweights and Lighweights show up, he done beat the best around these days and i have to give him that. Why Fedor haters can't do the same ?

Fedor is the best HW of all time.

One of the reasons he took freak fights was because he was very active.

How can people hate on him for being active ? lmao, also it was extremely risky since hw's have the most power, one shot could have ended him but instead he went undefeated for 10 YEARS in the most dangerous divison

#fedor=goat

Last edited:
Every great fighter is a can crusher.
Gotta do can crushing duty en route to greatness. It's obligatory.

Yeah, wild sloppy swings are useless, technique has to be flashy right ?
Flashy technique is overrated, people claim Rumble isn't "technical" (not saying he isn't skilled, talking about perceptions) and he destroys everybody except DC who didn't beat him standing. What's important is what works for the specific fighter, too many armchair striking elitists on these boards nitpicking standup when no one does the same for grappling.

Saying Fedor is not the best HW of all time is like saying Pelé is not the best Football player of all time because the defenders playing today weren't playing against him

So he wasn't a can crusher because he almost got knocked out by a can?

Okay.

Flashy technique is overrated, people claim Rumble isn't "technical" (not saying he isn't skilled, talking about perceptions) and he destroys everybody except DC who didn't beat him standing. What's important is what works for the specific fighter, too many armchair striking elitists on these boards nitpicking standup when no one does the same for grappling.
Yeah man, these days fighters have to look like Wonderboy fighting so they're considered technical. SOOOO many fighters are very smart and very technical, but they don't get no credit because they don't fighting jumping around like their asscheeks are on fire.

Once McGregor said "stiff" "sloppy" "stuck in the mud" etc people now think every striker has to be like him to be "technical"

I have a tough time with the word "GOAT". I will never be able to decide if it's Fedor, Anderson or GSP.

Three GOATS.

Yeah man, these days fighters have to look like Wonderboy fighting so they're considered technical. SOOOO many fighters are very smart and very technical, but they don't get no credit because they don't fighting jumping around like their asscheeks are on fire.

Once McGregor said "stiff" "sloppy" "stuck in the mud" etc people now think every striker has to be like him to be "technical"
It's been going on since way before Conor, I think Anderson spoiled people with regard to "technical" strikers. Machida was one of the first overzealous hype trains based on being "technical" and there have been like 10 others since.

So he wasn't a can crusher because he almost got knocked out by a can?

Okay.
The argument is : They weren't cans. All dangerous opponents.

Not a lot HW's TODAY would last against the said "cans". People like you consider his opponents cans because you can't respect fighters or MMA enough to know that nobody on the biggest stages of MMA around the world are exactly "cans".

That said, i get why you guys call them that. Fedor was so good everybody would look like a can. Including your fav hW.

You aren't doing yourself any favors by posting Randleman and Fujita.

It's been going on since way before Conor, I think Anderson spoiled people with regard to "technical" strikers. Machida was one of the first overzealous hype trains based on being "technical" and there have been like 10 others since.
I know, i just said that after Conor coined those terms, people use it to refer to any striker that isn't flashy. Which is sad.

Cerrone is one of the most skilled strikers, yet people love to pretend he is "stiff and slow" or whatever...

Fujita and Randleman were not smart and technical. Randleman trained at Hammer House for christ's sake. Stop. He couldn't stop rudimentary subs. Neither could Coleman. These guys evolved as much as Phil Baroni. They are from another era.

Stipe would beat the shit out of both with ease.

Back